Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

pectus carinatum, anxiety, and gas pain

I have a pretty severe pectus carinatum, and my neck is bent forward. I have also been developing anxiety over recent years, as well as abdominal and gastrointestinal issues. After every meal I get gas discomfort and have difficulty burping. I also constantly feel weak, tired, and have difficulty concentrating.

The issues are much worse whenever I try to do aerobic exercise, unless I can do it on a completely empty stomach, the gas pushes up into my chest and causes significant discomfort. Immediately when I jump in the water to swim, I feel the gas pushing upward (buoyancy). It causes such discomfort than I can't do these activities. After a long while, I'll burp maybe 5 times in a row, and I'll feel fine. But to completely clear my stomach, I have to refrain from eating for a long period.

I suspect my neck issue might be causing me to swallow air, as well as inhibiting my ability to burp. And I suspect the issue is a feedback loop. I feel anxious, my stomach gets tight, it pushes gas into my chest, and I feel more anxious. Lately, I've been trying to consciously push out my stomach, and breathe with my diaphragm, and not with my chest.

I have a secondary set of issues that probably aren't related. Over the years I've developed a sensitivity to caffeine, to the point where I cannot have even decaffeinated coffee or tea, or chocolate. I'll immediately get severe anxiety, a racing heartrate, and palpitations. I won't be able to sleep at all, and I'll be stressed and have difficulty concentrating for days. I also haven't been able to smoke marijuana or eat edibles, for similar reasons - less anxiety but incredible gas pain, tachycardia and arrhythmia. I also developed a soy allergy (very certain), and suspect I may also have a gluten allergy.

I guess my main question is, how would I go about a diagnosis? should I try to get a swallowing test, an MRI of my chest/abdomen? could it be some weird hernia? I went to a cardiologist who said my heart is fine.
The most likely diagnosis here is lower end esophagitis or hiatal hernia. This could be proved by taking a medication like omeprazole. If that gave relief then you are on the right track. It would probably also help you to talk to a Psychotherapist and/or do relaxing exercises like meditation, music and yoga. Forget about anaerobic exercises. Just walking is fine.