Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

redness on shins with white blotches and some ankle pain.

What could be causes of redness on shins with white spots and sore ankles. All of this came about after long plane ride where ankles and lower legs swelled but that swelling is gone now.
Look into  Tinea Versicolor, caused likely by a fungal/yeast organism, Malassezia furfur or other Malassezia species.
This is what I had a few years ago on various parts of my body,
face, chest, arm and legs, but only lasted for a a couple weeks.
I shampooed daily with Selsun Blue, applied an antifungal cream,
consumed 6 tablespoons of coconut oil daily ( my normal is 3T)
stayed out of the sun and lowered my stress levels by doing meditation twice a day. This regimen worked for me.
There probably other possibilities you can explore, but if your symptoms persist or worsen, you may need to visit a dermatologist.
Best wishes,
Niko