Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

sexually frustrated

I am a 37 year old male, have had a complete blood work up and all checked out normal.  Here is my problem...every time I have sex, after orgasm I get severe cold chills and diarrhea that comes on within minutes of having sex and can last all night.  I have been to doctors and been given stomach pills, viagra etc and nothing works.  It has gotten to the point that my wife and I seldom have sex because it's not worth a night of being sick.  Someone please tell me I'm not insane and that there is a name for this and better yet a cure!

A few possibilities are there.It can be due to irritable bowel syndrome(Individuals with irritable bowel disease can develop diarrhea after the stress of sexual intercourse),prostate,GI infections and post orgasmic illness syndrome(POIS).You can learn more about this syndrome from the following website:

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=6576.0

For rest of the possibilities,pls get them ruled out from a physician/urologist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing