spots on retina

One of my close friend has black spots on her retina (Age 30) and because of this she cannot see clearly in evenings and nights (she can not play badminton as her eyes cnnot spot fast moving shuttle). this problem was first detected at around 12-15 yrs of her age and ever since that it is increasing slowly. she even says that this will further increase with her age. Is this hereditary? as one of her relative also had the same problem
does this have any cure?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Generally a grey spot on retina is due to leaking blood vessels. It can be age related macular degeneration (dry form) or it can be at any age (wet form, as in your friend’s case). Yes, it can be hereditary. Generally treatment is by laser. Beta carotenes and Omega-3-fatty acids are known to help in recovery. Please ask your friend to discuss this with her eye surgeon.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.