sudden sweet, floral smell
I've been having a problem with my sense of smell for the past 9 months or so. I could be doing nothing in particular and all of a sudden I'll smell a very strong floral scent that reminds me mostly of a perfume. It happens almost every day. It usually lasts somewhere between 5 minutes to an hour, and it is always the same smell. It also usually causes a sweet taste in my mouth. I haven't had any known infections or illnesses in over a year. For the past month it has also started to occur after I have a large sneeze. Any ideas on what could be causing this?
It's definitely not environmental. I thought that was it at first, but it has since happened at times when it wouldn't make any sense to be environmental.
have u been tested for diabetic
That's a good question. I forgot to mention that others can't detect the smell on my breath. I'm the only one experiencing the smell and the taste. I haven't been tested for diabetes.
A related discussion, Unexplained sweet smells was started.