swelling and pain in wrist

I have had swelling and pain at the side of my wrist and the base of my hand for about a year now.    I have been to two different physiotherapists with only temporary improvement.    I have applied ice regularly for the swelling and a topical anti-inflammatory for the pain.  Xrays did not show any fracture in the wrist.
When this problem developed, I had been playing many hours of racket sports with a lot of wrist movement, so it made sense to me when they diagnosed it as tendonitis.     But why is it taking so long to heal ????    I try not to use my wrist unnecessarily, and have not played racket sports for almost a year.

signed...Frustrated in Arizona
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Well you might want to wear wrist supports and get an ergonomic keyboard, or a pad for the bottom of your keyboard for comfort, these things might help, you might have a small case  of carpel tunnel in your wrist, what ever you have might take longer for it to go away. When we get older our bodies tend to take longer than usual to heal. If you can take any kind of meds, Motrin helps, but take with a meal because it can cause upset stomach or acid reflux, or Celebrex helps with many types of pain.