Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

wounds ad skin grafts

I have a wound on my lower leg that most likely was caused by a hobo spider. It has been healing for the past 2 1/2 months but now the scab can no longer cover the wound and it is incredibly painful as it shrinks away. I have no insurance so I only saw a "doctor in a box" at the onset. My 9 year old cried when he looked at it because he was afraid I woudn't have enough skin to cover the wound. Is he rigfht? How do you know if a skin graftt may be necessary and what will happen if they can't get one?
I am 61 years young and I broke my ankle on Oct 5 2008 I had surgery on Oct 21, 2008 and I had braces w/ screws on both sides of my ankle. The bad part is I have a part of the incesion that won't heal I have seen several Doctors and no one seems able to explain why it won't heal and why it is getting bigger and deeper.  The wound is swollen and red and the skin around it is turning a darker brown than the rest of my skin.  There is also swelling and pain in the area.  Does anyone have any ideas to what may be going on???