Vitamin D

My doc says I need more vit d so she put me on 2000mg a day. Are there any weird side-effects I need to watch for? I was on peppermint tablets last year and the doctor said nothing should have happened, but it gave me really bad stomach cramps and I had to stop taking them, so I'm just being causious.

Thanks!
~ Em
Do you mean 2000 IUs? I presume so, and I presume you were given D3, since for a vitamin D deficiency that's the preferred choice.

You shouldn't experience any problems with vitamin D itself at 2000 IUs per day. But you could react to one of the other ingredients that comprise the pill. Many pills include soy, milk, or gluten among their inert ingredients, and that can be a problem for some people.
Okay, thank you :)