A new question
Hello,

I'm new here, and I just posted on another thread.  After reading a litttle more, I saw that I could just post my own question.

I just started on topamax for bulimia and wellbutrin for depression.  I asked the dr. if I could take the wellbutrin because I knew one of the side effects could be loss of appetite.  She reluctantly let me have it, but I'm pretty sure she's going to take me off.  Its not helping my depression (though its only been a week).  Topamax has been shown in studies to be helpful for bulimia.

Its only been a week for me, and I have had a reduction in appetite.  I don't know if any of you are bulimic, but if you are, you know that it doesn't matter if you're hungry or not, you just eat.  So the topamax is helping somewhat.  I'm taking 50mg at night and 25mg in the am.  I'm so tired.  And I'm retaining water like there's no tomorrow.

My questions are this: will the tiredness go away?  And is retaining water one of the side effects?  Also, If you lost weight with Topamax, when did you notice?  Did you loose weight because you just ate less?

Thank you.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hey there I didn't loose any weight until I reached the 200mg dose (100 am 100 pm) of topamax in fact I gained on the lower doses... (could have been water) once I reached the higher doses my appetite went away and so did my bulimia! I just wasn't hungry all my sugar and carbon cravings went away so I could make good choices, and I was fuller quicker.  

It is so easy to eat 1200 calories a day and that's how I'm loosing, but I'm just starting out its possible theres more going on behind the scenes in the ol body.

It's a miracle drug so worth the side effects I feel like a normal human again. Not obsessed with food or thinking about food all the time Have lost 4kg in a week.

SW 80kg
CW 76kg
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
4059843 tn?1485843211
Blank
mishymoshymarcy Take responsibility and be ... Comment
Jan 14
4059843 tn?1485843211
Blank
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Jan 14
Blank
Gigi2328 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Jan 01
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight over time
Start Tracking Now
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Blank
Blank
Arlington, VA
Weight Loss Alternatives Community Resources
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Blank