Weight Loss Alternatives Community

anyone seeing Dr Weldon / Garcia in Tampa

I just started Dr. Weldon's weight loss plan in Tampa. A medically supervised low calorie diet with phen D and B-12 injections. I would love to talk to a few people who are going through the same thing. Dr. Garcia has a similar plan. This is my second week and I have lost 13 pounds!!!  Rock on but I have some more questions...  hope to hear from you!
I'm thinking of beginning the program, but have not called yet.  It seems so expensive, but...13 pounds in two weeks is fantastic.  Can you tell me more?
I made an appointment with Dr. Garcia for tomorrow.  Very nervous.  
I heard dr garcia has a 4 week waiting list.
I've heard the same thing...but when I called on Monday they had three open time slots for the next day.  So I went on Tuesday and got started!  He has many locations.  So far my scale says I lost 5 lbs...but I'm sure thats some water weight!  Are you going to go?  
I weighed in for my third week I lost two more pounds! How are you doing?
Doing good!  I do have a bit of a headache, but that is common.  Have you followed the diet exactly or have you cheated any?  I'm trying to diet 100% - so far so good.  Wow...so you are down by 15 pounds!  Do you notice a difference in clothes yet?  Also, I'm doing a low carb diet...is your diet low carb and low cal?  
I have lost 14 pounds actually so far in three weeks officially. I am a nurse and use our scale and I lost another pound, but I try not to count it until my check in. I have cheated a few times and I am just noe getting the energy to exercise. I am changing my life instead of going to the gym. Yesterday I went to the pool with my kids and actually "played" it was great! Today we are going to the beach to skim board let's see if i come back in one piece! talk with you guys later
Too Funny!  I do the same thing...It's not offically lost til the dr's scale says so!  I'm a teacher...10years now.  I have two daughters (16 and 12) - And of course the hubby and two dogs.  Currenly I'm at about 200 pounds.  I pray that my visit with the dr on Tuesday will reveal that I'm in the hundreds again.  I'm sick to death of being fat and lazy - it's not who I am inside.  I like to go out and have fun with friends...but for the last year I have found myself declining invitations and staying at home because I hate the way I look.  I'm done feeling bad.  I'm ready to drop the weight, change my life/habits and have some fun for a change!!  I love going to the beach, but the swimsuit discourages me - even in my own pool.  Sometimes I wonder why I have a pool!  The kids even beg me to go swimming and I almost always say no.  I sit on the side and watch my 12 year old do her little water ballet for me.  As for energy...I really have none.  I believe if I can just get off my lead butt and climb on the elliptical...that will change - eventually.  Thanks for listening.  I think I'm going to have yet another glass of water and finally get on the elliptical.  Yes...I'm going right now!  See ya!
Okay, I did not make it to the beach, the kids went out and skateboarded instead. I don't know if I told you but I started out at 190, being 5'2" that is not so good. I talked to friend of mine who started the same diet a year ago. She is on maintanence now and lost about 60 pounds. She says from experience that she lost about 4-5 pounds per week but only when she added about 30 min of cardio per day. I have just been dieting. She really urged me to get my heart rate up for a min of 20 min. I am going out to buy rollerblades at Sports Authority and hed out to Bayshore. I won't be that good at it but i am going to force myself.
I know this is long but I found myself saying no to outings because i looked bad in everything. That is not a good place to be, my hubby said he can't wait till I buy new clothes. I told him chubby girls wear the sasme thing because it is easy. NO MORE! let me know if you want to join me tonight. I will check in after i get my blades... see ya!
I'm going to the Devil Rays game tonight.  I'll be home around midnight.  If you are a night owl...let me know and I'll get on the computer then.  Otherwise...tomorrow is good.  

I have a pair of roller blades but I dont use them.  I have neck issues and dont want to fall.  Otherwise, I'd strap them on.  

Gotta go... hubby is anxious to leave...
tomorrow is good
Hi again.  What time today or tomorrow do you want to "chat"?  I'm free the rest of the weekend.  

Stepped on the scale and the numbers keep going down.  Yahoo!  I can't wait until I can move down a size in my pants!!!  
Hey girl sorry i have been working i am off today so give me a ring over on the other forum.
I left a message on the other forum.  I'm off today too.  
hey there. I started the Garcia diet last Nov. Did great on it. It took me about 4 months to loose 35 pounds. I kept it off for about a year. The only bad thing is since it is so expensive i've had to stop going and i've gained all the weight back and then some. When your not on the pills anymore something in that drug triggers you to want to eat the whole fridge even when your not hungry. But keep up the good work. It was a great product but you havet to stay on it. The min you stop everyone I know has gained it back.
Have you heard anything about the hcg shot that people are using to loose weight?
I was trying to find out about the costs of the program for Dr. Garcia before I made an appointment.  Any ideas?  What does each visit cost?  What do the medications costs?  What do the injections cost?

Thanks!
Jen, I currently go to Dr. Garcia. It is $65 per week and that pays for your office visit, injection, and appetite suppressants. Then it is $45 a month for the vitamins that you will need to take. It's about $305 in total per month.

To start, I think it was $200 for the full exam (including an injection & suppressants) and then you have to pay for the vitamins, so $245 all together to start.

I've lost 50 pounds in 3months and 3weeks, I have nothing bad to say about his program. If you have any questions, please send me a message... I would be happy to tell you what I can.

Also, I resent that davida said everyone she knows gained the weight back. I know plenty of people that have had great success with Dr. Garcia's program and they have not gained anything back.
Hi Sunbunny8304,

I go see Dr. Garcia tomorrow as well. 50 pds in 3 months 3 weeks? That's great! I also have concerns about gaining the weight back, as I do not plan on going to his office once a month for the rest of my life! lol....I am excited, and nervous. Especially concerning the  suppressants. Did they make you jittery? Sick? I have many questions. If you could help me out, that would be great!
I have started the program         as well...but I was wondering can you take celexa and the phendimetrazine together??? DOES  ANYONE KNOW??? he didint say anything about it and I forgot to ask... was too excited about trying to lose weight and see the doc
I did Dr. Weldens program and have lost 110 lbs now.
Diets don't fail you fail the diet. If I eat like a glutton then I will be a glutton again. Went from the 300's now in the 100's.Good Luck to all.
I will weigh in for the 2nd week tomorrow and am quite discouraged as I got on my scale this morning and I've not lost anything since last week!  I've upped my exercise and have been by the book!  Is this normal for only 2 weeks into this?  I am not going to give up and just need some hope that it's actually going to work!  I lost 6.5lbs the first week.  
I started the program exactly two weeks ago.  I lost 10.4 pounds the first week and this week I lost another 4.6 pounds. I went from 206 to 191 in 14 days.  I was very sick over the weekend...dizzy, upset stomache...come to find out I wasnt eating enough.  Doc said to make sure I'm getting my daily fruits and veggies.  Program costs have increased quite a bit recently...first visit was $330 with a month supply of vitamins, it's $75 week for injection and meds, then another $115 monthly for the vitamins again.  So it works out to be about $415/month.  I sure do hope its worth it!
is anyone going to dr weldon? i've heard alot of garcia. i'm wanting to know prices & if any have a location in brandon?
I started the Garcia diet two days ago and I have not yet gone into ketosis??  Anyone have any ideas??  How long does it usually take--they said 2-4 days??  Just wondering if maybe I am doing something wrong??  I am doing about 10-12oz protien and lots of water, but my protien is all chicken or turkey no fat--maybe I need a little fat??
I am starting with Dr. Welden on Monday! Is anyone still going to him?  How is it working for you?

I called 2 other locations and Welden was the least expensive. $175 for the 1st visit and $50 per week after that.  The others (Garcia and Medi Weight Loss) were about $260 for the 1st visit and $75 per week). I know people who have lost weight with all 3 so I went with Welden since his was significantly less. I'll keep you posted.

Would love to hear how others are doing.
I am going to a clinic here in Tampa for weight loss,they give same day appointments. I lost 42 lbs so far in 2 in a half months. I checked around and they were the cheapest,plus the service you get from the staff is very good.The name of the clinic is M & M MEDICAL CLINIC 813-872-2777.tHEY CHARGE ME 130.00 FOR ITIAL VISIT AND 40.00 A WEEK FOR FOLLOW UP,AND THEY DO NOT HAVE YOU WAITING ALL DAY TO BE SEEN YOU ARE IN AND OUT WITHIN 10MIN. FOR A FOLLOW UP VISIT.pLUS YOU GET A MONTH SUPPLY ON YOUR FIRST VISIT OF APPETIE PILLS SO IF YOU MISS A WEEK OF SHOTS YOU STILL HAVE YOUR PILLS.
I also go to M & M Medical Clinic in Tampa,did you know they are having a health fair on Sat. Sept.06,2008 from 10:00 am to 4:00pm free to the public.They will be having alot of free testing and give aways to the clinic,gift cards,bbq ect and everthing is free.I told some of my friends because they are giving away gift certificates for the weight loss program and this will save money instead of having to pay 130.00 for intial visit.There address is 1911 West MLK Blvd. Tampa,FL 33607 it is by St. Joseph Hospital area.813-872-2777.Hope you can go....
Hello!
My husband, mother and I  have been on Dr.Garcia since Mid-March of this year. Between the 3 of us we have lost my mother...no pun intended. My husband 106 pounds, my mother 56 pounds and I have lost 65 pounds as of this morning. I started  in a 22..pushing a 24 really. I just went shopping Friday because my clothes were falling off again...What a great day that is! I bought mostly 10's, a few 8's and Medium tops. I don't think I have ever worn this size, even as a child. The smallest was in high school after I had Mono for 2 months, that was a 14..but I quickly regained my pre-illness figure. The fat-burner pills are the key ingrediant I have been missing.
Calcium Pyruvate !  Find it..buy it...I can not tell you the difference it makes. SAve money at the Doctors offices..buy your supplements on-line...save crazy amounts. Garcia wanted $25 a month for the Calcium Pyruvate, I get it 19.99 for 3 months worth. Now I need to start saving my for Tummy Tuck..Since I was overweight so long...the skin just isn't responding like I wanted..but there could be worst things in life. I may actually be healthy enough to still be alive to see my grandchildren grow up.
Live Life to the Fullest!
M.B
Hey anyone going to a weight loss clinic that uses Phentermine and Topamax together for weightloss?
The fat-burner pills are Not the key ingrediant.. the b12 shots are bc they have the fat burning ingrediants in the shot b/c its mixed in.... i do agree though that the
Calcium Pyruvate are over priced at the dr's office u can buy those same pills at gnc or vitimans discount store for even 13 bucks! same with those iron pills.. i went to dr g two years ago and lost 30 lbs in just 2 1/2 months. treadmill in the mornings and afternoon.. i really did it hardcore though, i mean for the money i
m spending i want to see 7 or more punds per week and thats just what i got.. i loved it..
This diet is dumb. Whether or not you like it, you will have to loose the weight by 1-2 pounds a week. That is healthy. This is not a realistic way to become healthy and stay that way. Reason why no one has commented since 2007 is because with this diet a majority of the time you gain all the weight back and more. It is not healthy to lose and gain quickly. This is a rip off and a scam. Be smart.
TO THOSE OF YOU THAT TAKE THE DRUG PHENTERMINE FOR WEIGHT LOSS...If u take phentermine for weight loss, please listen carefully to what i am about to say. Phentermine causes Bradycardia.  A condition of the heart.  Yes it reduces ur weight dramatically but a known side effect is that will cause your heart to start beating slow.  My husband too, took pherntermine and B-12 combined, and today he at 46 years old, and  has a pacemaker, due to Bradycardia... The doctor never gave him the reason why this happened to him??? Well of course not, whos gonna wanna admit that a drug they prescribed caused this? ...Anyhow I just want people out there to know the true side effects of this drug. Maybe i can make a difference.  Please look into the side effects of Phentermine, such as Bradycardia.  All information is there for anyone to read for themselves... Thanks for giving me the opportunity to post a comment on this issue.
years ago I started this topic at 190 pounds i stopped going to the weight loss center at 156 pounds.it took me around 3 months to accomplish it. I did regain weight slowly and reached 172 in 2010. here are some tips.... go to the maintenance and continue thinking healthy I think a part of my problem was the thinking of "it came off fast all I have to do is try it again" But that is not a healthy approach. I do know with the weight loss i felt so great about myself. and that is the most important thing
How much is the price for a full month ?
the price changes for which ever doctor you see. I believe Dr. weldon is the cheapest
You lost 13????? Wow congratulations what are you doing along w the phentermine??.
1