Weight Loss Journeys Community
188 Members

How many calories does your body need?

Your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is the estimated minimum level of energy required to sustain the body's vital functions when at rest. The Harris-Benedict formula is used to calculate the BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate).
This is how many calories your body needs when at reast to maintain its current weight.
It varies from person to person. But this calculator gives you an idea.

http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/bmr.html
My BMR is 1641 -  so I need to eat 1641 calories to fuel my body when it is at rest... otherwise it will go into starvation mode and cling on to the calories I give it. Anything over 1641 calories I consume I need to burn off in exercise and activity.
I need 1327. It just goes to show you how much freedom exercise can give you. If I laid around the house all day and did nothing I wouldn't be able to eat half of what I do.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.