Women's Choice Community
617 Members

Pain during my period that have a lot of clotted

Hi I have 18 years and I am sexually active since I was 16. My period started on my 12 and it was a little painful but passable. however, began to increase in amount of blood and clotted for my 17. Unfortunately increased pain and clotted. they were to large and seem a like our little finger of the hand.  The concern is that these increased clotted a month ago and before this month no period gave me pains in the abdomen (right side well below). I went to the gynecologist for the first time and just said that's normal. you believe? help!
COMMUNITY LEADER
Well, I can't really argue with a doctor that examined you.  Why would he tell you something was normal if it wasn't?  

I would watch things closely and go back if you are having any of these symptoms again.  

Lots of luck dear.