Women's Health: Postpartum Community

2nd Trimester Spotting

Hi Everyone.  I posted last week regarding spotting after stopping my progesterone suppositiories at the end of my first trimester.  A week ago, I made a quick trip to the Dr's and we heard the heartbeat so we assumed all was well.  It's been a week and I am still spotting though I did notice a pattern over the last few days.  When I have a bowel movement and apply some pressure, this is when I spot.  Has anyone has this happen to them?  I'm trying to figure out if it is a normal thing.  I am thinking about going to the Dr's once more this week to make sure the heartbeat is still there and okay.  If anyone has any ideas or similar experiences, I'd love to hear from you.  Thanks so much!
I would say if you are spotting after a bowel movement, the spotting is probalby not coming from the vagianl area.  It is probalby coming from a small rip in your bowel area.  Try to eat some blueberries or more fiber to make your stools softer and easier on your body and also it could also be a start to hemmoroids (sp)--you a tucks pad it can help a lot.  THough being concerned always go in to hear the heartbeat--that is what the dr is there for.
Hi, thanks for responding!  I never thought of what you're suggesting.  The spotting, however, is mixed in with the discharge...do youstill think it could be some kind of tear?
I've been having this kind of spotting since april (such a nuisance). I spot after having a BM and also after BDing. My dr said it's definitely coming from the cervix. When she did a pap smear and internal exam, my cervix let out nasty bloody discharge for a couple hours, more so than what I"m used of. I'm only 5 weeks pregnant, and I'm still having the spotting. I'm used of seeing it so I know what it's supposed to look like opposed to pregnancy spotting. Have your dr check you out for polyps (begnign tumor growth things). that's what my doctor's doing next after the papsmear results come back. We have the typical symptoms of them. They can be removed in the dr's office.
I did the samething w this pg at about 17 or 18 weeks it happened twice about 4 days apart, it was 100% from my va. although weird since it was after a BM, I had never heard of this before. The Dr acted like it was no big deal, I'm now 25wks & it hasn't happened again. LOVE & PRAYERS
I had some real heavy discharge Sunday and it had a little brown discharge mixed in but it was mostley clear! I am waiting for a nurse to call me back! I am 15 weeks and 2 days... do you think I should be worried? Me and DH had sex on Saturday but that is not unusual for us... ;)
I'd no say no b/c even w/brighter blood (when I spotted earlier in pg & hadn't BD in a few days they always acted like it was no big deal) So since BD close to the dis&bl I'd be the DR would say that was the reason. Good Luck I know it's so scary though no matter what everyone says. LOVE & PRAYERS Dr told me w/ Ds#1 that as long as you are not bleeding more than 2teaspoons at a time not to get too worried either, may have been 2Tablespoons can't remember so I just always go by 2teaspoons & I've never bleed that much at once. LOVE & PRAYERS I'm sure baby is doing great:)
Other than having me do the urine test and an ultrasound, they didn't do any other testing before giving me the diagnosis.  The nurse said everything that could hurt the baby had been ruled out and that is what the dr. is confident it was.  What kind of testing did they do on you? Now I am wondering if I should request the same? I appriciate your input!
Wow I hope I get my boy this time! I have two DD'S and a step DD! Girl I feel ya on the prayer! But I try to keep faith and know that if you worry then you have no faith in him and his wonders! Easier said than done though.. LOL! Human nature to freak when things are going wrong! But I always found everything is alright in the end! I know I am going on the 11th but I don't know if I am going to find out then or if I have to wait! I will be 16 weeks when I go so maybe they will go ahead and do it! I can't wait to find out! Thinking blue though! But is it is a girl, as long as she is healthy I will be estatic! Thanks for the info on the book! Funny you mentioned the epi! I am more terrified about the Epidural! I had natural with both my girls and I thought about giving myself a break but I am terrified of the effects on me! Keep me posted!
Thank you sooo much! I have read a lot of your comments and you are very supportive! I love your screen name ;) Thanks so much! Do you know what you are having? What is your due date?
I am 13W 5D and experienced something similar. I heard the heartbeat going strong at 12 weeks and then I had 4 instances within a week where there was some blood in the toilette water and a very minimal amount when I wiped.  Each time was close to when I'd had a recent BM and/or BD'd.  An ultrasound showed my baby is fine.  My dr was convinced at first it was a urinary tract infection, but after the test came back negative, diagnosed kidney stone.  She advised neither would harm my little one.  Best of luck, I know how stressfull wondering can be, but if you just heard the heartbeat would assume your baby is fine unless a dr says otherwise.  Easier said than done...but try not to worry!
Did you indeed have a kidney stone? I found out I have one in July (with my appendicitis), they didn't remove the stones though. Can they cause the spotting? I find it strange that that's what your dr said it was from.
oh the epi. is no biggie Hey you said you did it natural so if choose to get the epi it will be a breeze. Small bee sting then 2 seconds go by & wow your toes tingle & AHHHHH no more pain, you'd be ready to go shopping if only you could raise your legs up & get out of bed:) LOL Kinda like having the worst tooth ache in the world & someone has a shot of nova-cane (sp) :) Troubles are over in a flash!!! I'll be thinking of you the 11th, I go the 12th for the glucose test at least the drink tastes good:) LOVE & PRAYERS
did they see the kidney stone on the ultrasound? The ER doctors found mine in july when I went in for appendicitis. THey said they found a kidney stone of significant size while doing the CATscan. I remember them saying something about they couldn't tell if the stone was in my kidneys or appendix, which I've never heard of. So they didn't do any thing else with it since I needed emergency surgery on the appendix. I'm going in for my son's wellbaby checkup this week, and I'm having my family dr pull up my chart from that and see what it says. I do think however I have a UTI, but it could also be pregnancy related to.
A little boy again!!! I can't wait he's due Dec. 18th. My Ds#1 will turn 2yr the 8th of this mo. Thanks about the screen name, I just know where my babies come from:) LOL w/out God our family would be in a mess:) I just wish everyone would realize that. Prayer really helps out everything that goes on in our lives especially when we are scared or concerned about things like childbirth & babies in general :) LOL theres just so much to think on that if I didn't pray I'd be a CRAZY WOMAN, WIFE,& MOMMIE. It won't be too much longer til you get to know what you are having (thats if yall are choosing to find out) :)If you like to read there's a bk called Supernatural Childbirth by Jackie Mize (it's not against meds, hey I had an epi. LOL)It's my favorite pg book I'm re reading it w/ this baby. Hope you find it if you are interested. It's about $7 or $8.00 from the christian bk store. LOVE & PRAYERS our babies will be here before we know it:)