6 week ultrasound

I had an u/s yesterday, I thought I was 6 weeks 4 days tech said I was not even 6 weeks. I conceived through IVF so I felt pretty confident on the date, anyway they found yolk sac but no fetal pole. Should I be concerned?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
if ur less than 6 weeks i wouldnt worry. wont the do another in a few weeks?
Helpful - 0
If you conceived via IVF, you will know the date of retrieval and the date of transfer.  What was the date of retrieval?  Count back 14 days from then, and that will be your official Day 1 of pregnancy.  Does THAT figure give you 6 weeks 4 days?  If so, I would be concerned about the tech saying you don't even look 6 weeks along.
Helpful - 0
My retreival date was May 21st so based on that I really should have been 6 weeks 3 days at the ultrasound. My sister measured small all the way through her pregnancies, could it be something that just runs in the family?
Helpful - 0
Unless her situation was exactly like yours, your sister's history probably doesn't help much to understand what is going on for you.  To know that you would need a sister who also knew her exact date of retrieval and had an ultrasound at 6w3d and it was the same as yours, and then the pregnancy was normal.  I am concerned that they did not see a fetal pole at 6w3d when 6w3d is a known date.  Let's hope it is all where it is expected to be at the next ultrasound.
Helpful - 0
I heard back from the doctor, my HCG levels are good and they think every thing will be OK. They asked me to come back for another ultrasound but I've decided not to do any more test or ultrasounds. I've asked them to treat me like any other pregnancy with no special treatment or early tests.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.