Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Adenoid removal and croup

My daughter is 4 years old and has constantly diagnosed with croup after every single illness - whether it be a cold or pneumonia or strep thoat.  The rattle/wheezing noise was thought to be a touch of illness-induced asthma but her lungs always sounded clear.  Her pediatrician finally referred us to an ENT.  He took a look at her and sent her for x-rays explaining that the rattling is mucous and she sounded "stuffy" when she spoke.  The x-rays showed her adenoids are about 70% the normal size and recommended surgery and that it would take care of the symptoms we described.  Would adenoid removal stop the croup from recurring?
Oh yes. My son had it last Dec. He had a sleep apnea, small for his age, not eating enough. Since the surgery, he is just perfect and put on 4.5 lbs.
Go for it, good luck