Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Am I swelling or am I just hot? / Pulled something while sneezing/walking dog

Hi and happy friday to you all!  I always have questions so I figured I'd just kill to birds with one stone. Ok so, I woke up this morning and my ring felt tight.  Sometimes it bothers me when it's really warm and then when it's cold, it can almost fall off.  But this morning was strange.  It felt to tight.
Then I switched my shoes this morning.  I've been wearing my uggs for the past few days (they are wide and feel like your walking on clouds) but today, I put my sneakers back on and they felt tight.  Not sure if it's because I got use to the uggs (got them as an anniversary gift and have been wearing them for a week!) or my feet are starting to swell. Also, when I got to work, I put my heels on, and they also feel uncomfortable.  I kick em off under my desk. I was just about to type that neither look different to me when I looked at my fingers and noticed they look a little plumpier.. My feet "look" the same.  If I am swelling, what causes it and can i fix it?  I'm 17 weeks.
Sorry so long but I have one more question.
I went to walk the dog yesterday and pulled him in a way that i felt pain from my the right side of my pubic area to just below my belly button.  It was intense but only lasted like 5 seconds.  Next, I woke up in the am with a sneezing fit.  After I was done, my whole lower abdomen was sore and I couldn't sleep to my left because that pain I had while walking the dog came back.  Went back to sleep on my back and when I woke up, it was gone.  Maybe just a little sore.  Think I'm ok?  I'm a little worried. Thanks and sorry this post was long winded.
This is so strange that you posted this just now.  I was trying to sign on to ask you personally similar questions.  I know you are 17 weeks and a few days just as me and wanted to ask you if you had pains, ligament type pains, recently.  Very strange but I guess it is nomral for us.

Wed I went to get up from laying down and had an intense pain on my right side shooting up.  I doubled me over for about a minute.  It subsided but I still fee sore from it.  Last night I could not sleep because every position was making that feeling come back but this time it would feel like tugging on my right then left, etc.  Right now both sides have that tugging while I sit at my desk.  My guess it is the baby growing and stretching - this is about the time we should start to feel them so this would mean they are filling up their space right?  I think they are ligament pains but please keep me posted on how you feel.  Also, yes, My feet, fingers and sometimes my face swells already.  Mainly my feet.  I notice it is after I eat soup that it is the worst so watch the salt intake for that.
lol...he's an 11 lbs Shih tzu. I think I can take him..lol But I think it was the way I did it.  I pulled in the up direction to get him to stop licking the floor (bad habit he has) and I must of did it with a lot of force.
I'll just have to me more careful. But if he were a big dog, I would definetly not be walking him.  I like to walk him now because, first trimester I was always so sick. :-)
Thanks for the advice..
You and I are like twins in differnt states..lol I felt the exact same thing last night.  That pulling sensation.  But mine was more on the right side. When I went to lay on my left side, I guess gravity pulled on it and made it worse. The funny thing is, is that I hadnt really experienced much discomfort in my abdomen at all.. that is until now.  What helped last night was to gather some blanket and stuff it under my belly (while laying on the side) so that the strain was off my pulled ligament.  
As far as the swelling goes.. I didnt expect that I would swell.  I also didnt think I would get morning sicknes..LOL That went out the window. I dont think I eat to much salt (not more than usual I guess) but I'm not eating so great either so, who knows.  I'll watch it now.  Swelling looks so uncomfortable on some prego women I've seen.  Oh boy, there are so many things our body goes through that I never expected.  Keep me updated on your status.  Try to take it easy today.  My problem is that I keep sneezing so I keep feeling the pulling.  
I'll give you my email incase you have some random questions or want to swap complaints..lol :-)
erin_felix***@****
OMG too funny thats what I did but instead of blankets I got this little throw pillow and shoved it under that side to hold up my belly.  I still get sick every morning but it goes away as soon as I eat a bagel.  i.e. why I am gaining so much weight.  lol  I do not eat good either I eat whatever agrees with my belly.  Thanks for the email you may regret that.  Mine is ***@**** in case you have any questions as well.  I cannot wait to swap pictures of our babies :)  Where are you located?  I am in Philadelphia.
I have a Great Dane, and they are actually perfect apartment dogs.  They are not terribly energetic, and are satisfied to be big old throw pillows on your couch all day.  A nice walk once or twice a day, and they'll be content to sleep the rest of the time.
:( My anatomy scan isn't untill 12/27... (I'll be 21 weeks) It'll have to be a late Christmas gift!  I was trying to have the Dr. push the date up but due to excessive booking, I'll have to wait.  What do you think your having?  I'm almost certain it's a boy..lol I'm not sure how I know.. Call it mother's intuition..lol  I'll be happy either way.  At first I desperately wanted a girl but, now I really understand when a person says, "as long as their healthy" because there is just so much that can go wrong.  But my moneys on a boy..
I have an u/s scheduled for Dec 19th that nobody knows I am going to.  I wanted the sex to be a suprise at birth but my baby's father is dying to know.  He cannot just take off work to go so I said I would not find out alone.  I made the appointment and I am going to have the tech write the sex down and seal it.  I am going to hide it and put it in his stocking to open on Christmas morning together.  He will have no clue and we will find out together on Christmas so I guess it is still a suprise just not at birth.  I go back and forth as to what I think he or she is, now I just gave up.  :)
It's so crazy, people say they know what they are having, I have no idea!!  My cousin told me with her 2 boys she knew from the moment she found out she was pregnant.  I try to concentrate and "feel" one way or another, but I have no clue.  I guess my mother's intuition is developing late :(  My friends and family say I am having a boy b/c it looks like I am carrying real low, but I don't care one way or another, as long as its healthy :)
That is the cutest idea I have ever heard!!!  It would be killing me though, I would have that envelope ripped open before I made it to the parking lot :)
I know that is going to be the hardest part.  I already am telling myself - after everything you been through its fair to peek right?  I deserve it.  I will let you guys know if I cheat cause then I will want to tell and wont be able to.  That is also why I made it for the 19th I could have gone sooner.  I am going to try really hard but I am the type that used to go in my parents room unwrap my gifts and then re-wrap them.  If I lived with them now I still would.  haha
It's funny because, I was just going to mention the whole christmas slip thing to shm79 but I couldnt remember who was telling me about it. It's a great idea and in fact, if my dr. would have pushed the date up, I was thinking of doing the same thing!  
About the whole intuition thing.. I could be 100% wrong..lol So my intuition could not be working too! Just a hunch I guess.  Everyone thinks it's a boy except for HIS father and my boss.  Have you guys shopped at all yet?  I know it's terrible of me but I have done a little shopping.  All white of course.  I bought him this teddy bear outfit from the gap!  It's the cutest thing ever!
Your swelling may be inevitable, but watch your salt intake.  Have you been craving lots of salty snacks???  If so, they may be the culprit.  Shame on you for walking the dog......that is a chore for your husband/boyfriend, they can pull you, you can trip over the leash, etc.  I have 2 dogs, so I know that sometimes it is inevitable as someone is not always there when they have to do their business.  If you walk it anyway BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!  Is it a big dog??  We have a lab and a pit bull and I refuse to walk either one until I have this baby. If you have a small dog, it may be fine, but still be very careful you don't get tangled in the leash!
The pulling sounds like round ligament pain.
awww........i've always thought those kind of dogs were adorable!!!  our 2 dogs are huge, and when it gets warmer my boyfriend is going to build a nice kennel for them outside.  The lab is a sweetheart and is just clumsy and jumps, so we don't want him to be in the house with a newborn, and our pit bull (who is sweet to us), i am so scared to have him around a child, he is a great dog, but can turn so quick.  Next dog is def going to be a small one!!!  :)
Aww.. I always wanted a big dog (this is going to turn into a dog forum..lol) but there isnt room in the city for them.  Unless your loaded and have a huge apartment. But they are so beautiful!  I know what you mean about pit bulls.  They have a bad reputation but a lot of the time dont live up to it.  One time I went to a dog park (all size dog park) and I was kneeling down to make my dog comfortable in the park and this HUGE rottweiler (sp?) came up to me and was my height while kneeling.  His head was bigger than mine!  Oh man I was so scared.. But she was the sweetest dog.  It's just their reputation that makes everyone nervous.
My dog is scared of his shadow so, I'm sure he will keep far away from a screaming baby..lol Although I have to suggest that if you do get another, smaller dog, you consider getting a Shih Tzu.  They are so cute, and their temperament are wonderful.  They are loyal and very very sweet.  Even though my dog is small, he gets along great with big dogs (surprisingly enough..lol)
I promise I'll have no regrets. I dont know anyone that is prego besides me at the moment. Let alone anyone who is at the same stage I am.  So it will be great to have a pen pal type :-) I'm sorry your still sick!  I cant believe it.  I thought for most people, it stops after a certain time.  Mine started to subside around me 11th week although it comes back every now and then. My best friend was sick until her 5th month! I totally identify with the whole carb thing. I think you and I had that discussion before because all I wanted was bagels in the morning too! And cream cheese.  I still like carbs in the morning (actually, all day long) but I feel like even though I want not great food, the quantity that I eat is going back to normal.  In my first trimester, I could eat ALOT of EVERYTHING.  NOw I just eat the same amount that i did before (quantity wise not quality..) I woke up at 5 am to have a brownie and some milk! I really just wanted the milk but, i cant just have milk alone, it grosses me out. lol
BTW, I'm in Manhattan, NY
BTW, have you been scheduled for your u/s yet???  Mine is Dec. 6 (Wednesday), I can't wait to find out what is in there!!  It is going to be the best Christmas present ever!!
I have not really shopped but my mother has purchased EVERYTHING Yellow and Green that was ever made.  First Grandchild.  She got a lot at Carters Outlet in Atlantic City - if you visit AC (not too far from NY) make sure you stop there they have tons of cute things that are affordable.  I also signed up for my registry for babies r us but we have not gone there.  I think we are doing it Christmas Week.
Lol..my mom is doing the yellow and green thing to.  Her first as well!  I really dont like green much so i've bought white and a brown teddy suit from the Gap. Actually, I should correct myself, I asked my Bf to go and get the teddy suit from the gap in size 6-12 mos (he/she will be that age when it starts to get cold next year, as will yours) because they were going fast, they were on sale.  So, he comes home with the teddy suite and also a two piece fuzzy suite with ears on the hood!  I cant believe him.. He said he couldnt resist..lol What a girl..
Check them out!

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=7142&pid=409369&scid=409369002

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=7143&pid=409351&scid=409351002

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=7143&pid=409353&scid=409353002