Baby names!

Hello ladies! My husband and I are expecting our second child in June and we dont yet know if it is a boy or girl (I'm 11w4d). Anyhow, if its a boy I am really leaning on the name "Macaulay". Now, our last name is Kalinowski. Do you think Macaulay Kalinowski would just be too much? Also, what are some of your thoughts of boy names? (We're already set on a girls name- "Gwendalyn" after hubby's grandma) For boys names I am also leaning on "Addison", "Alden", "Noah", "Aiden", "Liam" or "Kylan". Your imput would be appreciated as well as new suggestions.

Have a wonderful day!!!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I really like Aiden!
Helpful - 0
oooooh i love these kind of questions!!!!!!

i think that Macaulay sounds great with your last name! here are some other suggestions....

boys:
Caden
Rory
Holden
Colton
Callum
Colm
Kyler/Cuyler
Brayden
Tylen

----also Gwendalyn is pretty, very victorian, classic, a well respected name. it's original spelling is Gwendolyn. some other suggestions......

girls:
Ashlynn
Gwyneth
Blythe (Gwyneth Platrow & Blythe Danner)
Carrigan
Ainsley
Pressley
Laiken
Salem
Carrington/Kerrington

these are just a few of the names that i am fond of; if you want more just let me know!

----sienna
Helpful - 0
Macaulay Kalinowski is a really big mouthful.  I like Aiden then best with your last name.  :-)
Helpful - 0
Love the girl name, so pretty classic and feminine!  I agree with the PP that maybe a "less syllables" first name could balance your last name better.  I LOVE Noah and Liam, and they sound nice with your last name, but then again if your boy went by "Mac" that sounds really good too.  It's all up to you (isn't it fun?)!!
Helpful - 0
You know, I just realized that Gwendalyn is 3 syllables too, but I think it flows so nicely because the emphasis is on the first syllable instead of the middle.
Helpful - 0
I agree Aidan is the best with your last name.   Love Gwendalyn (Gwen) for short.   That sounds nice w/your last name also.
Helpful - 0
My husband and I are also looking at names for both.

We are leaning toward Wade for sentimential reasons, our grandfathers names were Walter, Albert, Dewey, and Eddie.  So we took the first letter of each of their names and came up with Wade.

My husband likes Joshua Wade and I like Samuel Wade.

We also like Joshua Blake.

As for a girl, she will be named Isabella Faith
Helpful - 0
hello all it's been a while since i've been in here, i noticed some of the old names from when i used to come on here, cmn...emma1...hope everyone is ok.
can't believe how fast the time has gone my daughter is 9 months now and will be one on 15th february!
dh and i are currently trying for a little brother or sister for her, i do have a question if anyone can answer...i am coming up to my most fertile time i think. my periods have got longer since Katie was born, I am averaging about 35/36 days now, my last period started 11th November can anyone confirm if this is my fertile time?  I have never been able to tell if I am ovulating by signs that you get.  I had cystitis yesterday too am hoping that won't affect our chances this month as I am hoping Santa will bring us an early christmas present.
I am an autie for the second time too now...my brother's wife had a little girl on Monday afternoon 9lb, name Samantha Kelly and she looks like me!!!  I'm privileged!!

Claire
Helpful - 0
If you cannot tell your fertile time by detecting EWCM then maybe you should consider using an OPK or charting your BBT.  Using the calendar to predict fertile times is not accurate.  Do you not get EWCM?  I don't either so I used an OPK, that's why I'm asking.

Good luck!
Helpful - 0
cmn
Heh you, long time no see. I can't believe that Katie is already 9 months, Jaida will be 11 months on the 16 boy does time fly. Dh and I are expecting our second one on May 7/06, They'll be pretty close together but i don't mind. I used to go onto google and find a ovulation Calculator, and that seemed to work fine when i got pregnant with Jaida. Have you tried that yet? How are you doing?
Helpful - 0
I also agree that Macaulay is a huge mouthful! AND...I also think Aiden sounds the best! How about Hayden with an "H"? That's a gorgeous name, too.
Helpful - 0
I like MacCauly, but it is certainly a mouthful.  I also like Gwendolyn.
Helpful - 0
Picking names is really fun, but also stressful!  :)  I have a few comments...

Assedus - I posted the other day that we are wanting to name our little girl Addison Grace but I was afraid it was too much of a boys name...you are proving my fear!!!  :)  I still really like it for either though.

Sienna- I laughed at your girls name of Salem because I live in Salem.  :)  It's a great name, I just never thought of it before.

Neantin - My husbands name is Brian Wade.  Good choice!

Good luck everyone!
Helpful - 0
just try this one my friend...JOHN ACTS!!!
Helpful - 0
Um....you lost me.  For a name?
Helpful - 0
cmn
What do you ladies think of the name Talon Daniel, the name just popped into my head. Can anyone suggest some gir names at all? DH and I are stumpped
Helpful - 0
dh and i are going with ivy sky for our little girl due 3/31/06   and if she had been a boy she would have been lucas tyler.    
    if anyone has feedback good/bad, i welcome it :)
Helpful - 0
I think Talon was the name of the reality star on MTV's Laguna Beach...at least that's what my high school students talk about.  It's definitely a catchy name and I like it!
Helpful - 0
cmn
Springbaby- i love you little girls name, and i like your boys name that you have picked out.

Amy- Yeah i hear that too about the name Talon, i like it because you don't hear it very offten. I kinda like the name Maddox to, but the more i say it the more i kinda don't. Any suggestions on girl names?
Helpful - 0
hey...i'm just suggesting the name...ok?coz you're just asking a help from us for the name of your coming baby...if you dont want my suggestion...that would be fine...
Helpful - 0
hello!!!

yes time really does fly!!! congrats on bambino no 2, do you know the sex? if not do you have any preference?
i used an ovulation calculator the other week on the internet and that came up with this weeks date for my ovulation time, my dh won't let me buy a opk as he (and i) don't want to stress too much over this pregnancy like we did when Katie was born.  We both agreed that we had enough sorrow in the past and we wanted to get pregnant relaxed not feeling clinical about it, but obviously i wanted a rough idea of when i ovulate. i am soooo looking forward to christmas this year, it hasn't been marred with miscarriage or losing any baby for us, we can enjoy our first christmas with our little girl, are you set for christmas?  keep me posted on the pregnancy and hopefully i'll be joining you v soon if santa brings me one of my presents early!! throw some baby dust my way!!!

claire
Helpful - 0
Like alseedus said, she was just wondering if you meant "Acts" is part of the name. Unusual names are becoming more popular, but they usually don't include verbs. Maybe there is just a language barrier here?
Helpful - 0
I like most of the names that everyone is suggesting for eachother!  For Addison as a girls name I like it but it does sound more like a boys name to me.  If you really like the sound of it you could make a slight change to Maddison.  I really like that name for a girls first name.  I have a friends with a daughter named Madison. (Maddy for short)

What do you all think of my names that I have picked out for my FUTURE babies as I am not quite prego yet...BD though!

Boys: Jordan Daniel, and Bayern Madison
Girls: Macayla Joy, and Jaylene Rae

We've decided firmly on them but I would LOVE to hear feed back from people....Thanks!
Helpful - 0
Acts is the book in the Bible that comes after John. As in the "Acts" of the Apostles. I never thought of using it as a name, though. I think that's what she meant when she said John Acts. I thought she was just joking...I guess not.
Helpful - 0
2

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.