Cramping and Spotting 10 weeks Postpartum

I am 10 weeks postpartum and still am experiencing cramping and minor spotting. Is this the typical aftermath of a c section? I just moved to San Diego and my new OB/GYN cannot see me for another few weeks. I am tempted to go to the ER....But would hate to wait all that time to find out my symptoms are just a normal part of having a c section. Can anyone help?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I don't know about a C-section but I know that I bled for a LONG time with my daughter. When I went back for my 6 week check up, the doctor said he couldn't do the routine Pap because there was too much blood.  I went back 6 weeks later and he tried again but I was still spotting.  I again redid the Pap but he said this was normal and everyone was different. I bled heavy with her and for a long time. With my son, I bled about 10 days and was done.  I'm almost 21 weeks pregnant again and I'm anxious to see what this one brings.  LOL.   My friend just had a C-section 2 weeks ago and never bled at all.  Very minor spotting for the first 2 days and that was it.  If you are at all concerned, please go to the ER and get checked out. It will at least ease your mind.
Helpful - 0
i had c-section on june 23 and i bled only for 7 days and the bleeding stops until last sunday i bled too much then agian i am spotting on and off. with my first baby, i resume bleeding at 6 weeks, and it was very heavy for about ten days and then i had my 1st period after almost 10 weeks, this could be your 1 st period as well.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.