Women's Health: Postpartum Community

DEPO PROVERA

On Dec. 5th,2003 i received my first shot of depo-provera. In the month of Jan. I spoted for almost 3 weeks straight, and for two days in the month of Feb.On March 6th,2004 i missed my second shot.On the 15, i felt my baby move for the first time ,and i am just starting to have pregnancy symptoms like sleepiness, frequent urination.I also startd my period again after missing my shot. I still continue to feel my baby on a regular basis. The only problem is that when i take a pregnancy test they all come up negative. I was wondering could the low levels of HCG be a side effect of DEPO-PROVERA, and that's why the test keep coming up negative? Also, could this mean that my baby isn't growing at the rate it should be ? What problems can this cause? What types of birth effects can occur? Or could this mean that there is something wrong with me?

Another problem is that i can't receive prenatal(kaiser permanente policy) care until I get a positive pregnancy test result.What can i do until the time being
Im 17 and I have a six month old baby girl I didn't know I was pregnant till I was 5 months pregnant I even had x-rays done  but they didnt see anything and I've had a depo shot twice but i've never had any side effects or felt like I am feeling now I had unprotected sex with my baby daddy and all of a sudden I started feeling very nauseus and i've been having a lot of pain in my lower back and in my stomache and I often get these throbbing pains in my pelvis area but i've taken one urine test and it came back negative but I still feel this way and i'm due for my shot on the 16th of april what shall I do???????????  
I am 17, yikes right! ne way, i've been off the shot for over 6 months, me and my fiance have never had unprotected sex, and so i think it is very unlikely that i am prego, but I have every single symptom. (headaches, spotting, vomiting, and I can't stay awake, also belly pain) I've taken tests and they came back --, but I jsut have this feeling that I am,a nd maybe it jsut because I'm freakin' myself out...it jsut sounds like al of you have good advice, and I need wat ever I can get. Thanx
Meg
TO ALL THOSE CONCERNED ABOUT PREGNANCY...
Hello, everyone. I am here to support others who are having doubts and concern about Depo, too. I believe everyone's concerns are valid--here's why: I am a nurse...I have been dating a doc for 6 mo. He started me on Depo to help my endemetriosis. Needless to say, our rel. progressed...3 months ago he put me on antibiotics for a UTI...I started gaining weight in my abdomen, feeling nauseous, headachy, appetite increase, all the wonderful preg. symptoms. I have taken 8 prg. tests...alllll NEGATIVE. However, I started bleeding a little heavier a week ago...and had a miscarriage...appeared to be about 6-8 weeks. Despite what docs reassure you, please READ THE SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS OF DEPO PROVERA ON THEIR SITE!! Here are some things you may not have been told:

* antibiotics DO decrease the effect of any birth control, whether it is oral, topical, or by injection.
* bleeding can and does occur during pregnancy, and esp. w/ Depo
* pregnancy can and does occur during Depo, and can cause some    defects to growing fetus
* DEPO CAN DECREASE THE HCG LEVELS

There are many more side effects you can experience, so please go to the site and read the facts, not the rumors you hear.
www.depoprovera.com
hello, i got depo shot the second week of january 08, i was spotting for almost a month, and then my period stoped all together... i desided not to get another shot... but now i feel all weired...by breasts are swolen im eating more, constantly tiered, very mody, i get heart burn(wich i never had) my blood presure is low which makes me feel light headed,my nipples are huge,hard and sensative to touch (this week they are not as sensative to touch, but still seem to be elarged, and look like they are hard all the time) i have a lot of discharge comming out(its almost as though im ovulating, but there is so much of it, never had that before either... so i went to the doctor(after taking 8 home pregnancy tests, all neg.,) to see what is going on with me, she checked me out and told me i have very mild yeast infection(which i never had before), she gave me a pill for it and send me out on my way out.When i asked her if there is a chance that i can be pregnant she told me no way, depo is very effective and there is no chance that i can be pregnant, that my cycle should return to normal after couple of month... OK... so what is going on with by body? her answer.. "my hormons are all over the place and need to be put back into place".....
as i read all the posts its starting to scare me a little that what if im like many of you found out that you were pregnant? i would love to know what is going on inside of me and if there is something in the oven, but i get dismised by my doctor, and the answers that she gives me dont sytisfy me... i dont want to find out taht i am i fact pregnant after 27 weeks... what is there for me to do? how many times can i pee on the stick untill it shows up, or when will i get my period?... i am so lost and i have no idea what to do
i get a lot of gas, which almost never happens to me, i eat food that i normaly dislike... lataly it seems that i eat and sleep all the time, i am an emotional wrack....
oh and i did take a blood pregnancy test wich was neg., but i also had unprotected sex since, it seems that my body is chnging in a weird way, and it freaking me out a bit... i dont know what to do... i asked the doc to give me an ultrasound which she refused telling me that there is no chance that i can have anything in the oven... so why am i feeling like this? some one any advice?
just an addition to my post... this was my only shot, i never had depo before.... i only receive one shot sometime the second week of january
Hi, can you give an update of your situation? Were you pregnant or no? This would help me and people who are concerned too
I am kind of in the same boat as a few of you. I was on depo for 2 1/2 years. I recently came off of it. My last shot was in March. I was supposed to go back in for my next shot on June 4th, but decided against it. My husband and I would like to start getting prepared to start a family later down the road and I thought the first thing I should do is stop my pill, start eating healthier, and start exercising. So I did. I spotted lightly for about 2 hours on June 26th, but have not had a period since I stopped the shot. Over the past week I've felt very nauseous, I'm super tired, my breast are swollen and sore, I'm gaining weight, and have had headaches. I took a home pregnancy test this morning but it was negative. I though for sure it was accurate UNTIL I read the above posts. I see many of you were actually pregnant but your home pregnancy tests showed negative. I've never had a baby, so I dont know what 'pregnant' feels like, but I know I dont feel normal. I think its too early to go to the doctor... any suggestions?
Wow, my last shot was 3 years 3 months ago. I was on it for 9 months. DH and I have been TTC ever since and nothing has happened until this past cycle, which unfortunately was a chemical pregnancy.

To the original poster: were you actually pregnant, or did it end up being tummy spasms? I've been PG before as well and I know what kicking feels like, but I find it hard to believe you missed the injection, got pregnant (or even while on it) and felt the baby move days after the first missed injection. If this is the case, you had to be PG before getting the first shot. I know that after my first PGcy, I could feel spasms in my belly which are always there but never noticed before...even now, 5 years later, I still feel them and it feels EXACTLY like a baby kicking away. However, if I was waiting to give birth, then I must've turned into an elephant or something, cause no baby here!

To JO987, Depo is notorious for sending 'false pregnancy symptoms' during and post-depo. I had a few cycles like that and as I said at the start, still no PGcy. Hope you're not waiting around as long as me. You could start taking Agnus Castus/Vitex/Chasteberry (all the same thing) as it can help balance your hormones post-contraceptive. Good luck.
i have only been on the depo shot for a month and me and my bf had unprotected sex the other nite and i  still had my period a little bit(spotting). and he also came in me...and im scraed tht i mite be pregnant from reading all of ur stories..can somebody help...wht should i do?? could i be pregnant??
I was on the depo shot 4 years ago and decided to get back on it (March 28) it will be 2 months on the 28th of August that I've been off the shot and still no PERIOD!!!! I thought I'd never be so happy to see my period come...I've been having pregnancy symptoms such as an increase in appettie, frequent urination, sleepiness, and mega mood swings!!! Took pregnancy test on Saturday and it was NEG!!!! What can I do to get this shot out of my system!!! Somebody HELP!!!
It takes a while up to 6 months for your body to get back to normal after you've had the shot. Moodiness was a BIG reason I went off the shot. I had serious issues while I was on it, not to mention that my periods would last 3 weeks and only come every 3 months.
Well at least you got a period, I still don't know when mine is coming....6 months to get out of system!!!!! Even if I only got the shot 1 TIME?
Ok, I was one of those people that THOUGHT they knew a little something about everything. My best friend called me up one day and said that she was thinking of going on depo. and what did I think about it?  Ie had I heard anything about it pros and cons. Well, I told her all that I actually did know. Another friend told me that she took it and it worked great. Also that she had never felt better (she didn't tell me that she had to start taking antidepressants shortly after getting the shot. So the zoloft probably had something to do with her feeling so good. Anyway, I told my bff this and she said, o.k. I'll do it. So shortly thereafter she did and not even a week after that I got a call. She was completely beside herself with anxiety, and violent moodswings. She went straight to her dr that gave her the shot and told her about her troubles. The doctor said, well, you're just going to have to wait till it gets out of your system it can take three to eighteen months. To this she told me she replied, "I don't think I can" This conversation happened on Friday  by that Tuesday she was dead. She had committed suicide while her new baby slept. She was my very dearest friend and she is gone. Since then I have become very educated on the ill affects of depo provera. Did you know that this is the same drug that is given to pedofiles for chemical castration?  No wonder women report a complete lack of sexdrive when on the shot. Also, my friend's is not the first death where depo provera may have played a part. It has come up in many a deposition at police scenes where suicide was determined to be the cause of death.  Also coincidently on the same day my friend died another woman died clear across the country not of suicide but of a bloodclot. Doctors have known about the side effects of this drug for many many years. There are so many, it just shocks me that ANYONE would consider it as an option, and that doctors would continue to recommend it to their patients.  I know that she had postpartum, but it got out of control over night, the very night after she got the shot. Another thing that the doctor didn't tell her was that anyone with ANY history of mental illness or depression should NOT take Depo Provera. Please consider all of the risk factors BEFORE injecting this potential poison into your bodies.
I cannot believe how uneducated you all are.  At what point do you say to yourself, I need to go to a doctor?  What kind of person gets medical advice from a website from people who sound like they have no education whatsoever?  I have been on the Depo for years, no problems, absolutely LOVE it.  You do not have to have a regular period for your body to "cleanse itself".  And you are not feeling a baby move at 3months, its gas!
Don't listen to these people! My sister couldn't get a positive pregnancy test at 7 months and believe me considering my neice is now almost 3 she was pregnant. And I bled with my first one. And for the record to all you who say she can't feel her baby you're supposed to be able to feel it as early as 13 weeks.
The first Depo Shot is usually doesn't take effect on everyone the same. some women may recieve normal periods and can become pregnant. I have a daughter as a result of that. It wasn't until I had gone to get the second shot(about 2 months into my pregnancy) that I found out I was pregnant. So therefore it can happen. If you read up on it you can find out that depo is not 100% effective in some women. Although it is rare to concieve it is still possible. Anything is possible. Main thing I can think of is to ask your doctor for a pregnancy test a few weeks before your next shot always. For the pill, depo and other means of birth control are NEVER 100%. Even women who have their tubes tied get pregnant.
I believe anything is possible... I know it is hard to convince a dr to do a blood test but it might save you the trouble of finding out your prego 4 months down the road when you start to grow a belly.  In the print out that comes in the box with the depo shot  it states all the bad things that go wrong.. Next time your visiting your dr ask for that.  Do some research and listen to others.  If your have problems getting a period or bleeding to much you might not be the only one. Be smart here, if other women are experiencing the exact same problems you are dont you see the connection?  If all of you have the same problems don't you think it might be time for a different birth control?  It can and has cause alot of problems that dr's fail to mention.  So if you want the truth read the print out... I work in a pharmacy and those little papers that are fold up and have the tiny print can help they put those with drugs for a reason.  No drug is symptom free and alot of complications can come from not researching it first.  Well I wish you all the best of luck.  I have to been in your situation and have found dr's usless.  They dont seem to care anymore.. Look after yourself and trust what you think is right.  It might be the phantom baby but it could also save a miscarriage.  Dont listen to all of these stupid punk *** little girls on here that think they have a clue about pregnancy when they haven't experienced it... They are just voicing their stupidity. If you want try to talk to a pharmacist that you are close with or have filled your RX'S alot.  It is most likely they can help you more that your dr would be willing to.  Well I'm done hope this might help you out a little.
I started the depo Dec. 11th 2008 and I was supposted to get another one March 11th. I bleed through the whole entire thing and I even started bleeding out my anus. (not to sound gross.) I ended up deciding that since I was bleeding so bad out both ends that I def. had to stop the shot. Ive been having so many symthoms of pregnancy, my stomach hardening, and I even feel movement in my stomach. I already have two children so I know the difference between gas and a baby moving. Since then I have taken 4 HPT's and I have had 3 blood tests done. My HGC levels are that low it hasn't detected any of it. I finally told the doctor hey I need an ultrasound I am on medications now that I had to recently get put on and I know I am pregnant I know my body and I know what a movement feels like. Well we went for the ultrasound and it came back that I was 3 and a half months pregnant. I ended up pregnant on the shot.
My doctor failed to warn me of any effects of the drug and he just said that it would have been better off than the Pill i was on. I was on Yaz for 7 months until i found out I was pregnant with my son. So I had my son Oct. 28th 2008 and now come to find out this is my third baby.
My family doctor told me he never heard such a thing about the depo causing the Low HGC levels and the nurse at my obgyn office until now but the funny thing is, there are 11 cases in our town that became pregnant while using depo right now and in a town thats not even 15 miles from us there are 25 cases. Most of which were unknown pregnancies or suspected pregnancies due to symthoms. My best friend was on the depo 2 years straight she was on it when she had her son. SHe didnt know until her water broke. Here she was 2 months premature they did a study and it came back that the depo causes premature birth and weight. Her son arrived 2lbs 1 ounce 10 inches long. Her son had tubes coming everywhere from his body they had him on a breathing machine and all sorts of medication to keep him alive. He was lucky he was in the hospital for 3 months and came out strong!
She told me she had over 30 tests and all came back neg. that seemed to be my case also when I was on the pill and didnt find out I was pregnant with my son till 7 and a half months because I had no signs or symthoms I was still getting my period. I bleed with both my kids up until I had them and then bleed after I had them.
Now I def knew I was pregnant because last month I had my period for 2 weeks and then it stopped then I spotted a few days and I had all the symthoms and I just knew I was.
I wish everyone the best of luck and to be very careful if you suspect pregnancy try and go to a different doctor to get the tests and all the things you need because the shot is very dangerous. Most people dont even know they are pregnant on it because of the fact that it causes a miscariage before they could even know. Also it causes low HGC levels and causes blood to even turn up negative. It also does last in your system for 6 months to a year to get out of your system. I wish everyone the best of luck and hope this will help you in some type of way! Feel free to message me if you have questions!
my first child was conceived after being on depo for over a year, she was born 5 weeks premature. my second child was born after being in the depo shot for over 2 years. she was born 8 weeks premature and still has some issues with muscle development to this day. she is now 2. i don't doubt anyone getting pregnant on the depo shot because it obviously wasn't an effective form of birth control for me. neither was the patch because it ate my skin off of my body. however, i always knew i was pregnant because of dreams i would have or something strange, i know it sounds crazy but it's true. also, my home tests came up positive when i was only 4 weeks prego on both pregnancies. i guess my first sign that the shot wasn't working should've been when i continued to have periods. to anyone still on the shot i would recommend getting off of it. i've had constant migraines since taking it and i now have ovarian cysts and periods every 2 weeks. good luck.
ive been off my depo for five months and i want to get pregant. all the test ive taken are positvive and then back to negative so can some one help. i have had my period already at least ten times. ive gained wait i get sick and i cant wear my pants anymore and then my breast are sore gotten bigger and theres veins every where on my boobs. someone please answer
hi to all , first of all mainly to bbymkr in one of the comment that you cant feel a baby move at 6 weeks its true you can cause for all my 4 pregnancy at 6 weeks i felt my baby move, and yes you can be pregnant and get a negative test because of the hcg. make a sono appointment and do blood test,oh and yes you can still have a period while pregnant cause ti happens to 1 out 1000 in every pregnancy,
how do i know im studying to be a midwife and my sister is pregnant and is still getting her period but is on bedrest, so the person who is saying all this and that well she must be a first time mom or she doesnt know anything about being pregnant and has never had a child, i just got my depot shot last month and i missed my period for the first time,
so i might and might not be pregnant right now, i havent done the pregnancy test yet, but this week for sure theres going to be a test.
because all dr and gyn do not assure you that the birth control your recieving is actually giong to prevent you from gettin pregnant.
I was looking at all your posts to maybe help me find some answers to my questions. So far, noone had any, so Im gonna tell ya'll my story. I started taking Depo when i was 16.... Ten years ago! Yes ppl...ten years. After five years I missed one Depo shot and became pregnate within a month!! The test was + the first time. I DID feel her move by week 12. I now have a beautiful girl although she was born at only 28 weeks. she weighed 2.8lb. She is five now and healthy. I got right back on depo after 6 weeks. I recently quit again (ironically, at the same time as I quit before... 5 years exactly) I had a period the first week i missed my depo. Its been seven weeks and I feel sooooo pregnate. Very sore swollen boobs...lower back pain, hardened stomach, early morning nasea (no puke tho), and headaches. I've taken 4 preg tests and all said "negetive". Im starting to think that Im crazy. I also feel something in my abdomen "moving"...crazy right? I know its not wishful thinking because I DON'T want another child. I'm confused beacuse I can't find out anything about depo 'aftershock'. When I find out... or if I find out I'm prego I will post back. In the meantime...good luck to you all.  
I was on depo for 18 months back in the mid 90's and I had gotten sick and was given the penicillin shot twice. They didnt tell me that it would stop the depo. I now have a beautiful 13yr. The only problem I have with her. Is the normal teenage mouthiness. I was 2 weeks preg with her when i went in and got another shot. Just to turn around 2 weeks later going back to find out what was causing me to get really dizzy.

And now i am back on depo cause of pcos. I was on medication and I asked if it would stop depo. The people I asked said it wouldnt affect it. Now I am 6.5 weeks preg and I think I am going through a miscarriage. I will find out on monday cause its the weekend.
I so hope you come back here and read this even though your post is over a year old! Firstly, who the hell are you to call everyone here uneducated?? Are you educated in the medical field?? incase you didn't notice, some of these people are nurses and people with experience! Also most of them stated that they did go to the docters and the docters acted all uneducated, giving more shots or saying it's impossible! Secondly, i'm sure everyone is very happy for you that the depo is working for you. thirdly, you DO need to have a period regular or otherwise to cleanse your body -why? because depo doesnt stop the egg from releasing, result -all that gunk staying in your body untill your next period! FOURTH, I felt my baby at just before 3 months -as in i put slight pressure on my tummy after feeling a strongish flutter- and i felt my son even though tiny, move. why? because i am tiny and am underweight -not by choice. so please if you dont wanna help -keep your stupid opinion to yourself!
And thank you to all the people who answered the question at hand, i just needed to know if depo would make my tests negative. Everytime I have the depo shot, I would have a week or so of bleeding, but after the last one i had bleeding a month later again -so my docter gave me a booster shot (another depo) I've recently started having milk discharge again (a year after quitting breastfeeding) and i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend just after my last 'period' (2 weeks after my boost shot) 9 days after, i started spotting. i have since taken probably 20 tests and all are negative.

Why did i seek advice online? because i knew within a week that i was pregnant my first time. people say it's not possible, but i did. took a test and it was negative. 2 weeks later my period was due and people tried to convince me it was stress. took another test and got a slight second line. next day took the blood test and sure as hell 3-4 weeks pregnant. this btw being a week after i got off YAZ. I've been feeling for a while now like i did then, but i keep thinking its just the depo wearing off -was due 12 dec. So now I am patiently waiting for my period, not really expecting it since i lost 5kgs a while back and have started picking up weight again.

Point being, thanks to everyone who shared their stories related to the question at hand. hope you are all well. well maybe not all ;)
I've had three shots of the depo and i missed my last one about 4-5 weeks ago now. well two weeks after i missed it My husband and i had sex and he pulled out. well i'm worried that i could be preg. took home test and came up neg. im due for my shot today so i'll see what their preg. test shows. I guess my question is should I believe it if it is neg.???
im 18 ive been on depo was supposed to have another shot on dec 15th have unprotected sex  and had a period early jan didnt feel anyhting so had depo late jan but now im getting preg symptoms such as sore boobs to begin with(not now), gas, constipation,extreme tiredness, and if not feeling sick i feel ravishingly hungry also cramping to begin with but not now

like everyone else ive been to the doc and done home urnie tests nothings showing but i really feel it  i was thinking im due for a papsmear so can they tell if your preg while there doing one of them??  would love it if i was pregnant but is it possible my mind is making up all these symptoms
i have a question.. I was on depto for a yr. then this march i went back on it . It was my first time with out using a condom about a week and half of getting the shot and i really aint sure on this but can you get prego while on depto with out using a condom?

although there is always a chance of pregnancy with any b/c, it is very unlikely if you rec the depo shot a wk ago. That being said, I think a lot of ob/gyns recommend using a condom the 1st month as a precaution. Either way, there is no way to tell until that missed period and a pregnancy test. best wishes

I too took depo and got off it in sept 09, It took me two months to ovulate again. It def. works once it gets in your system. Almost too good, causing my body to have pregnancy symptoms....weight gain, bloatedness, loss of period, severe headaches.
hey this is to everyone and especially , i had the depo for 6 mths now and i just knew that i was pregnant with all the symptoms but my urine and blood test were coming out negative about a week ago i started felling fetal movement i came to find out that i am pregnant by a sonogram from an emc organization and im 7 weeks pregnant i didnt even missed one depo shot, birth control are not always 100 % sure my best friend used it and it worked for her, im now pregnant with the shot, thank god that i found out i was before my next shot this month on the 25
HI i am 22 years old, i had my baby sept 2008, then in jan 2010 i found out i was pregnant, I didnt keep it! i regret it completly but anyways, I got a depo injection to bring to the doctor But i left it in mu car in the winter for two daysn ti froze those nights but i still used it! Its may 2010 I only had one shot but now im experiencing pregnacny symptoms? do you think the depo shot didnt even work?
hi a week after i had my son my doctor put me on depo which was august of 2009 i did not take my shot in feb of 2010 while i was on the depo i had a period when i didnt take it in feb it stopped now its may and i have been bleeding lightly for two days what is going on i know i cant be pregnant because i went to the hos 2 wks ago and they did a blood test and it was neg i know i cant b pregnant can i
Hello, I have been on the depo shot for a year and a half and recently Jan 2010 stopped taking the shot because me and my fiance are planning on having children in the next year or 2 after our wedding but I can't shake this weird feeling in my stomach. I have yet to have any periods or signs of periods since my injection ran up and my fiance and I have sex everyday and he always goes in me.. Im not sure if the chances of me getting pregnant without getting my period are possible but I feel so weird, Im always light headed, gross to the stomach, headaches that are on fire and Ive gained alot of weight (which never fluctuates) plus my appetite is sooo much larger now. Is it possible that i could be pregnant? I have been taking a pregnancy test every month and everytime it says negative. Ive never been pregnant so Im not sure what to expect, although I am contacting a doctor next week because of this, It would be nice if I knew anything now... Thanks
I've had two depo injections and we've now decided it's time for another I'm worried after reading everyones posts that we are going to struggle to conceive. I've also recently had a cervical cauterization for erosions after sex am I fighting a losing battle?????
how early are u supposed to get your next shot ??? what will happen if u dont get the shot will there be a chance on getting pregnant ??? does the shot ware out ???
i have only had one shot which was in march. i did not go back for the second one and when it was due time for it i started bleeding and have been for almost a month now. does this mean my body is going back to normal or could i be having a miscarriage? ive had prego symtoms but read the shot does cause that so didn't even think to have a test done. im ttc but by reading the posts i have i don't believe it would be happening this early. just looking for a lil advise on wat could be going on
ive been off the depo for over a year and i kno im not pregnant but i so badly want to be! it hurts so much to kno that you cant get pregnant even tho your super furtle before the shot. it ***** that i found the man i want to be with for the rest of my life and i cant give him the one thing i should be able to give him. he wants a baby just as bad as me and its eating me up that i cant give him one. the doc says it will happen when it happens but i hate playing the baby waiting game. sorry if ppl dont wanna read this but it seems like no one cares and i just need to vent for a min. to those who do care thank you for reading what i have to say. i really do app it.  have a good day!
I HATE THE DEPO!!! I MEAN REALLY IF YOU NEVER EVER WANT A KID THEN USE IT IF YOU DO THEN DO SOMETHING ELES CUZ I AM GOING NUTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAINT GET PREGO I CAINT TELL IF I AM OVULATING AND HAVE NOT HAD A PERIOD AND I MISSED MY SHOT WTF!
Hey.
My girlfriend has been on the Depo Provera Shot for quite sometime. And she had he last shot. at the end of April. and is scheduled for her next shot July 25, 2011. and she IS PREGNANT. She taken 2 Pregnancy Test. and both come back Positive. Is this normal? Is this Abnormal?  Will this affect her Pregnancy? Will her Pregnancy be normal? Will it affect the Baby? Whats the effects of being Pregnant on the Depo Provera shot?  
Hi, I just had a baby in May and then got the shot in July. My boyfriend and I only had sex twice between that time but he always pulled out. Since I've had the shot, I missed my period in Aug. but I started spotting a few days ago which turned into dark bleeding and its only a little bit heavier. Also, I've been really nauseous, fatigued and have bad head aches. Sometimes my my stomach feels like its churning, like how I felt in the beginning of my pregnancy. Could I be pregnant again? or is this just symptoms of the shot? Please someone let me know.
We're in the same boat... i only had one depo shot & it ruined this year for me :/ i got it Nov. 2011- Jan. 2012 and since November i havent got my period... idk when i suppose to get it all pregnancy test are negative so idk im goin crazzyy!
just wondering, ive been on the depo for six months now. the first 2 months i was on it i bled like crazy, like liquid period (sorry) then my period was gone. i missed my second shot by a day and then went over to visit my "special" friend. Well he came in me but my doctor said that the depo works as soon as you get it and i had sex and hour after getting it. Now maybe 4 weeks later im feeling lower pelvic pains on my side my back hurts sometimes and i get really really bad mood swings, I dont wanna waste money on a test because i know there is no way im preggo on depo because ive never tried to miss it, and my nurse said i wasnt even late forreal. so is this depo making me crazy ?
hi i was on depo shot for a year nd 3months i missed my shot May 07,2012 i had unprotected sex for 3 weeks straight i started to have cramps bout no period and i was seeing a white nd pinkish discharge now June 15,2012 i been having sore breast can sumbody help me out
Thank you sweetheart. I am dealing with something similar. I have been feeling the flutters. If I am pregnant I will only be at the most 3 months. I already have one son and I felt his first movements at 3 months. Every woman is different. When you have been pregnant before, you know the signs to look for. I do not understand why anyone would bash this woman for wanting to know what is going on. I say go into the er and try to demand an ultra-sound. Lie to them about the dates if you have to. Tell them that you have been on the depo and you have been taking home tests but they all come back negative... tell them you ARE feeling movement inside you. Tell them that if you ARE pregnant and it is not showing up on HcG that your baby is at risk of not getting the proper care he/she needs and could be at risk and that they are breaking their Hippocratic Oath! That will tell you for sure. I am either doing that or going in there crying and acting like I am hurting... If you are prego, and your baby isn't getting care because the drs do not want to face the facts that OBVIOUSLY this happens, then do what you have to do to take care of yourself. Do not doubt your own body hun. You know your body better than a piece of plastic, or better than anyone else on here... blood tests check HcG too I thought? I wish everyone the best of luck... I am freaking out...
I got off the depo shot late october( canceles the appointment). I had a regualr period right after that lasted around four days. I had unprotectes sex, but finished with a condom. I havnt had a period since that first one and i have all the symptoms. Ive gained 5 lbs in the last two weeks, grown a cup size in my bra (34dd-34F) and theyre really tender. This last night i staye up all night with nasua that hasnt gone away and im tired allyhe time:/ ive taken three hpt and they have all came back negative!!! Im only 18 years ol an i was on the depo for two years but im worried i could be pregnant!
I been using depo for four years and it worked perfectly. I had no side effects at all, i loved it. I was due to take my next shot on October last year  but then didn't. i had unprotected sex regularly from November to February. During this time, i had my period at the end of January only but it was not that heavy. I then continued to have unprotected sex til now when i know i am supposed to have my period again but haven't seen it yet. Am i pregnant or is the Depo doses i had before still disturbing my ovulation?
Go get a blood test all mu hpt came up neg i have two beautiful daughters
Well I bled for 5 months with my son so yes u can have a heavy flow period I did if u want my doctor phone number ill be gladly to give it to u. And my son is healthy and every pregnancy is different with my first son I felt him moving at 4 months my daughter 3 months so with my young. Just because some one needs help with a question don't mean that every pregnancy is like urs plus don't need ppl *** whole remarks like rely keep it to urself if u don't have nothing better to do how but u go do ur own research before jumping to conclusion ppl.
I had the depo In jan, n I had regular periods in april... what that fugg !.
I never got my shot for april...... now I broke up with my boyfriend nathaniel
.. I been with 6months
...... now since we broke up was June18th.... now could it be possible I can. Get pregnancy now..... :( I miss him erday
....
......: I only been with him? I feel symptoms..
Hi I missed my Depo shot in July 1 because no money I still haven't had my period and I'm starting to have food aversion and Brest tenderness.I'm only getting negative pregnancy test  but I'm starting to get the same pains I had in my last pregnancy. I'm wanting to start taking Depo again but  I don't want to kill the baby if there is one what should I do
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
62.5k Questions