*************************Friday's Open Forum*****************************

Hope everyone has a great day.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey everyone. Hope you all are having a good day!!
Anyway, I just wanted to thaank you all for your support. It was very much needed and appreciated.  I can't believe i found out and lost it the same day.  It was a kick in the teeth but as i said i know my baby's with god and that we will start trying again whne we both feel comfortable.  Adam finally told me that he was very upset but he was trying to "eat" his feelings up to help me. I told him it would make me feel better if we both helped each other out. Anyway just wanted to tell you all that i was keeping my chin up! See you later,

Anna
Helpful - 0
My prayers and thoughts are with you and your husband.  Talking about things eases a little of the pain.  Try to do something together for you guys and enjoy this time together, I know it sounds kinda of akward, but you are each other's support and you need each other.  I hope that you can try again soon!!!
Maria
Helpful - 0
I am a little over 15 weeks now, and had some very light brown spotting last night when I wiped.  It only happened once and there hasn't been any since.  I stopped taking my Prometrium on Monday.  The doctor actually told me that I could stop taking it at around 13 weeks.  I took it for a couple of extra weeks just to be safe.  I wonder if stopping the Prometrium has anything to do with the spotting??????  DH and I haven't had sex since Sunday night so I wouldn't think that could be it.
Helpful - 0
Decided to post on the open forum.  Thought it might get lost in the thread we were posting in.

Metallic_angel:  I'm sorry for your loss.  Just know that you didn't do anything wrong and your baby is in heaven playing and being comforted with all the other babies that we have lost on this board.  Keep your chin up.  There is always a plan for us, even though we don't understand why it makes these unforeseen and hurtful turns and twists.

Heather & Andrea - We found out it's a boy....lots of boys around here.  Due July 28th.  We are very excited.  No names yet.  We are so far from coming up on one that we call him "baby X".  We did have names picked out for a girl and a few "maybe's" for a boy, but now, none of them seem to fit.  The problem is our last name (Bush).  We have to be careful of initials and "double" meanings.  Sounds bad, but you have to think that way because otherwise you will no doubt cause harrassment for the little man later on.  My husbands has dealt with it for years.  

Andrea, you sure do have alot of energy!  If I don't get to hear from you or talk to you, I wish the best for your husbands surgery.  I will all be fine and work out great.  Busy, busy, busy!

Helpful - 0
I just wanted to say goodbye to everyone on the forum because I will be leaving.  I have been coming here since Sept 2003 and alot has changed with the forum.  I feel that all the support that you all have given each other has been phenomenal and I have found comfort in my own similar issues by reading your responses to each other.  However, aside from a few members (mmg9603, hopeinal and blondie72-whom I hardly see post anymore either) I have never directly received any open support from anyone else.

I know that many of you are close to each other and have established a bond (-a relationship through posting comments-)that it makes it easier to talk to each other as opposed to talking to others.  But I just feel that I am back in high school again because anytime a comment is posted to a question that a specific person asked, it gets criticized by others.  The whole point of an OPEN FORUM is for open opinions and support for ALL members. This doesn't mean if someone makes a comment that you don't support that you bash the person whoever left it. And it doesn't mean that if someone gives a question or comment that is a new member that you don't offer the same support as you would to your other familiar members.  Sometimes, before posting, you have to sit back and think about the response that you are going to give to a question just so that no one will nitpick at it and start drama and that is sad.

I too have gone through everything that most of you women have experienced and I bet no one has ever noticed.  This isn't the point however, but, I wish you all the best of luck in everything and thank you for supporting each other.  In that support, I have found to find comfort with my own issues.

I truly wish everyone on here good luck and that may all your hope and dreams come true! Remember-Keep the faith!

God Bless to everyone!
Norma
Helpful - 0
Hey come on. Were are all here for each other. I know I have responded to your posts. I'm sure not them all. Alot of us here have been going through alot lately and tend to get caught up in our own problems. I'm really sorry you feel this way. Please, give us another chance.
Helpful - 0
Hey you all! I just wanted to say that sometimes I don't get very many posts to my questions and that sometimes no one notices when I'm gone for a few days in a row. Also one time I created a ton of drama too, but I won't remind anyone of what that was about. Anyways, I just want to tell you all that I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!! I'm going to keep coming here and posting even if no one cares whether I do or not. O.K. that was a little silly, but I'm upset that people keep leaving because they don't feel supported and able to openly express themselves. I wish everyone would stay. So p3cosa, I do hope you stay (if you are still here, you might be gone already). If this was like high school, wouldn't we all be talking about how we don't want to get pregnant, not how bad we do want to get pregnant? Sorry, I'm being silly again. Just hoping I can make someone smile. P3cosa, whatever you decide good luck!
Helpful - 0
you can't be serious!!!  come on don't be that way.  i know you've responded to my posts and well i have a horrible memory but i'm sure i've responded to yours.  i don't know about anyone else but i have a bad habbit of talking to the computer and laughing out loud (literally) when something funny is posted. infact i just read a good response you left not even a few days ago.
i hope you read all the posts people are leaving you.
and i am sorry too i think we have all gotten caught up in capermom but that's because she is our success story and well i don't know but for me she represents hope that i to might get to hear a heart beat some day....oh see what you did now you made me go and cry. (damnit)

well i wish you the best

~nanci
Helpful - 0
I completely agree with Kristen. Sometimes I don't get many responses to my comments or posts and I will feel "left out" of the forum if I don't get many responses but then I just remind myself it is probably because they don't know the answer to my question or there is so much going on it gets missed.   I still feel, like p3cosa said, the support on here is amazing and I'm not going to leave just because the majority on the forum didn't respond to me or don't notice if I'm not on.  I also notice that if its really big/major news, like new pregnancies, losses or just someone being worried, then the general comments get overlooked (not on purpose) but just because we are offering support for the person that has the major news. Well I hope p2cosa decides to stay or at least check back every once in a while because it really is a great forum with a wonderful group of ladies.
Helpful - 0
Just a note on your spotting, I had light pinkish spotting at 10 and 11 weeks, and demanded an ultrasound to get it checked out. They couldn't find any reason for the spotting, so I've been told it can be a couple of things. One, occasionaly the placenta pulls away from the uterus and reattaches itself which can cause some bleeding and secondly, which they think was my cause, you can have an irritated cervix.  The spotting was brown which indicates older blood, and it hasn't continued, which is good. I would try not to worry and just mention it at your next appointment. Good luck.

p3cosa and everyone, I tend to check into this forum many times a day and find the comments very helpful, however, I (like others) don't comment too much, especially if I feel I can't answer the individuals question or concern.  It's not that I don't care what is going on with everyone (I do) I just don't have alot of the experience or knowledge to give valid advice. So please don't interpret it as not caring.  There are some that have developed 'bonds' - I feel a connection with Blondie72 as we both suffered m/c's last fall and are now pregnant again and due on the same day, so it's only natural to want to stay connected. I know the few times I've posted questions, I haven't always received alot of respones, but I know it's because not everyone has answers or can help me out.  I find it fustrating that people are leaving the forum, because of the perceived lack of concern.  I think this is an amazing forum, and have no intentions of leaving.
Helpful - 0
Silo, what's going on? Are you spotting any more. NO MORE sex for you, lol. It's good it's brown but I would still ask to be checked. Let me know girl!

Machelle, I totally agree with you.

I often read posts, read so many I forget the first few. Laugh out loud and even shed tears alot of times. We don't purposely ignore anyone and I would feel terrible for that. Sometimes we just don't know the answers or it's a bad (slow) day. I've had posts with hardly any replies. I just figured nobody was around or didn't know how to answer.

Well, have a great weekend everyone. I may stop by later. Happy Friday!!!!
Helpful - 0
I probably shouldn't say this, but oh well. The fact that the post was made to announce someone's exit is more high school than comparison given. It causes drama, hurt feelings and takes the focus off of why we are all here. If someone is leaving because they are not ttc anymore or a m/c has occurred and the posts add to their hurt, that's one thing to announce the departure. I personally hope nobody leaves but you can't stop them. I don't post often and I answer when I have some experience in that area, that's all any of us can do. I'm sorry in advance to those who will misinterpret my intentions and be hurt by this post. Christie is going to be upset when she gets back if we pay anymore attention to this issue...lol.

Heather
Helpful - 0
I agree with everything already said EVERYTHING. So I think to waste any more time on the subject would be worthless. Sorry you feel you must leave, wish you would change your mind.

For those that leave "because I have been here for X amount of time and the forum has changed" I do pity the reasons for leaving. We all grow and change through our shared experiences and learn to get along with eachtother through those experiences. Capermom has experienced many m/c and is now pg with a healthy baby. I myself was supported through a m/c and am now pg with a healthy baby. Blondie, Missy, Emma, I want to continue to follow their pregnancies. And we all shared Metallic's pain as she learned she had and lost her baby all on the same day. I didn't mention EVERYBODY, but I recognize everybody's name when they post and I hope they all know that I feel the same interest in their "forum lives" whether they are ttc, pg, or have a new baby.

Yes this forum has changed. BUT THAT IS GOOD!! Should we grow and learn from eachother? Shouldn't we change to meet the needs of our current situation? I mean I can mention on poster who has changed IMMENSLY since she came here and that is Still A Mom. That woman gives me hope. She lost a child and has the courage to discuss him , her first child AND has developed even more courage as we see her daily posts. She is ttcing again, and has one of the most positive outlooks on here despite what we have seen her go through.

Again, it's a pity that anyone woudl decide to leave because of change. That's what life is about, change.
Helpful - 0
I agree with Heather. Let's get back on track here. I know I am a very sensitive person, but I also am intelligent enough to know that some issues will get more attention than others.

Our fertility problems, m/c's, BFP's and heartbeats are more important than keeping score of who's questions are answered and whose arn't. I believe every women that posts here truly has the same loving heart for everyone else. It's so female to bicker amoung ourselves - let's not let it happen here!!
Helpful - 0
GREAT TO SEE YOU! Have you just been lurking or has my fried brain just missed your posts? How are you?

You are right, women will bicker. It's natural. Bu  I Hope that we are all adult enough to have our opinions, share them, but also say "you could be right too, let's agree to disagree" and move on. I think we have all been pretty successful at that! :)

Where's cheesetoo-is she lurking or again, am I missing posts somewhere?

Sorry, I have been pretty dizty lately. Although, no more pic's in the freezer, so let's thank our stars for that.
Helpful - 0
I have been on since Tuesday or Wednesday. After miscarriage things were hard for awhile and then my DH and I went up north for 5 days during Easter. Cheesetoo has been on a bit too. We are both staying postive and hope to conceive again by summer.
Helpful - 0
I thank you all for you kind comments.  I am not bashing the forum and I am not afraid of change.  The forum has changed for the better.  I feel the forum is more united than ever before and the only reason why I decided to explain why I was leaving was because sometimes members forget what the real reason is that we have this forum--my post was not meant to be childish.

Like I mentioned earlier, I have grown and consider myself a better person by reading the support that you all have given each other.  I too recently coped with having a BFP to a spontaneous m/c within a few weeks and have found myself stronger than ever before because of my faith and because of all the success stories on the forum.--Capermom-Way to go! You have been my inspiration to keep trying because you and I had a m/c the same month and now you are 6 weeks--too exciting! Kassimom-Your situation has also helped me and I wish you the best and quickest 9 months you've ever had!

I hardly ever post a question and I know what you all mean about not posting a comment when you don't have experience in the area because I also do that.  I always come on and read everyone's comment to each other and I feel that in some instances, instead of giving opinions on the topic, others tend to critize comments--and I am sure some of you can relate.  

hter-My other reason for leaving the forum is also because I will no longer be TTC.  My first post (and I forgot to add this earlier) was to just let the forum know that even though your intentions may not be to hurt others when giving critcism, it does happen anyway. I don't mean you specifically, I mean in general.  I am sure many of us remeber other people that don't log on anymore because they don't feel the united comfort.

Again, I didn't mean to cause commotion or fustrate anyone and that is why I posted on the open forum because even though we are all TTC or are PG, we talk about ANY issue on here--at least that is what I thought.

Thanks again.
God Bless
Norma

Helpful - 0
Silo- I bet this spotting is from stopping the progestrone (or whatever form you are using).  I've heard that you may spot as your body withdrawals from the med.  Just keep an open eye out and call doc if it persists. But I'm sure you'll be fine.  ****;o)****

P3cosa- hey there.  I understand how you feel and let me tell you, you're NOT alone.  Its impossible for everyone to answer everyone else's posts EVERYDAY.  Therefore, there will be days that you won't get the attention/response from your post as someoneelse's post might get.  There has been PLENTY times that I got get answers to my posts.  EX: I posted to you couple weeks back and you never responded......but I didn't worry to much about it and went on. I hope you continue to stay around.
Helpful - 0

Helpful - 0
Well that's good that you and DH were able to get away for a little while. That always helps my DH and I in ANY stress situation. We just have to leave our ordinary surroundings for a bit to re-group.

I will be praying for your BFP's by this summer too!
Helpful - 0
I just wanted to say that I come to this board everyday to read and I have never found ANY of your ladies to be non-supportive! I think this is one of the best support groups around!! I don't post often but when I ask a question I feel like I am getting all the help & support I need! Anyway, just wanted to tell you all that!

Niki- 14weeks
Helpful - 0
cmn
Heh haven't talked to you in a while, how are things? What CD are you on now? How did all your tests come out? Hope all is well with you, is DH home yet? Any signs of AF at all?
Helpful - 0
cmn
heh how was the Avril Concert, was your DD excited? I looked to see if you posted about it but couldn't find anything, hope all is well with you.
Helpful - 0
I just wanted to say that this forum has meant so much to me, I am not an "active" poster as much as I used to be, but I have been around for a very long time.  I have had two miscarriages since I found this board and have been coming here almost everyday since I found it.  

Even though, like I said, I don't post a lot everyone here means so much to me.  I anxiously check back when one of you has an appointment or something is happening to see that everything turns out ok.  Often, the messages I read in response to posts are exactly what I would say or was feeling so I don't repost for redundancy sake.

For instance, Hopeinal has been such an inspiration to me and I was soooooo relieved to hear that she hasn't been here as much because of working because I consider her a kindred spirit we are due at about the same time and had similar losses.  But I have a feeling she doesn't know that I feel that way.  

So many of you have touched my life and I have not said that to any of you.  My family teases me because I talk to them about you guys and what is happening just like you are my friends and live down the street.  

I cry at your losses and I, well to be honest, cry when things go wonderful too(could be the hormones).  I just wanted to say out loud thank you to everyone and how much this forum has meant to me even though most of you don't know who I am you have touched my life.

Silo-  I had the same type of spotting three or four times this pregnancy, and with my history, I panicked each and every time.  BUT, I am 25 weeks and 3 days and everything is going just great.  Always, always, always, check with your doc, if only because they usually can offer reassurance.  

Thank You Everyone -
Kirsten
EDD July 27, 2004
Helpful - 0
2

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.