Gestational sac measuring larger than baby

I am 9 weeks pregnant and I went for my ultrasound the other day and they told me that they couldn't find the baby or its heartbeat.  And my doctor told me that it may take a couple of weeks but I was having a miscarriage.  My gestational sac was measuring 8 weeks and 5 days and my hormone level was 55 thousand and something, when two weeks ago it was 62 thousand and something.  So they scheduled me to come back next week for another ultrasound and to talk to my doctor about a D and C.  I have been tore all to pieces every since they have told me!  They also said that if I had any pains to go to the ER.  So I went to the ER last night due to mild cramping.  They  took my blood to check my levels and done an ultrasound.  When the doctor come in she said that she was completely confused and didn't know for sure what was going on.  My levels went back up to 57 thousand and something.  My sac measured 10 weeks and they found the baby and said that it was measuring 5 weeks and 1/2.  I am not having any bleeding at all or any discharge.  Does anyone have any advice or know what can cause these things?  I had an ectopic 2 year ago and my husband and I really love kids.  We have been married for almost 7 years.  It took us 5 years to get pregnant the first time and then after my ectopic it took over 2 years to conceive this baby.
How confusing! In the ER did they say anything about a heartbeat?
No they didn't say anything about the heartbeat.  I just dont feel like there is anything wrong!  I just dont know what to do except to pray!
Is your OB going to do a follow up? This is such a stressful situation! I am stumped on this one! You have already gone through so much I truly hope this works out for the best!
I am stressed beyond the max!  :( Thanks you!  Yeah I am suppose to go back to the my OB Monday.  They are suppose to do another U/S and more blood work.  They are wanting me to have a D and C but I have read so much stuff about being misdiagnosed and a lot of other things.  I just do not feel that I should have one because I am not bleeding or anything.  Any information or suggestions from anyone will be greatly appreciated!
I had my first u/s @ 7wks and no fetal heartbeat was detected.  My hcg level was very high, at 8wks, but it had dropped after 2 days.  Went for a 2nd u/s at 9wks and a normal fetal h/b was detected.  I did not have any cramping or bleeding.

I'd heard that some fetal h/b gets detected pretty late due to the shape of the mother's uterus.  Some doesn't get detected until the beginning of the second trimester.  Maybe you're in this situation.  Hang in there, I think everything will be fine since you didn't get any bleeding.  Don't give up.  
So I went to the doctor today and they done another ultrasound and some more blood work.  The baby went from 5 weeks and 6 days last week to 6 weeks and 4 days today.  They said that my HCG levels dropped, but he said that that baby must have a heartbeat since its growing, for some reason we just cant see it. The dr said that he has a patient that is further along pregnant than me and her HCG levels are a lot lower than mine and her baby is fine.  So I go back the 14th and he said that as long as the baby is growing and I am not cramping or bleeding then everything should be okay.  So he told me to get as much rest as possible and we are just going to take it day by day.
Wow - so that's kind of good news then if the baby is growing!  Hope all goes well for you.  Best of luck and keep posting how things are going!
Jordynsmom - this is why it's such a blessing to wait.  It's hard to wait,  but it's worth it in the long run.

Wait and see.  Some docs decide to do a D&C at what seems to be the first real sign of trouble,  yours adopted the wait attitude.

Wait.  

This either is going to work,  or not going to work,  and either way you won't ever regret that you acted too quickly.

I've had two miscarriages,  and am blessed with a doctor who wanted to wait in each time.  

Prayers things work out for you.
Thanks so much!  I will keep u all posted!
I defiantly have a wonderful doctor!  Thanks for the prayers!  I know that everything is going to be okay and that God has moved!  God is so wonderful and loving!
possible MMC? Help
Hi I'm 19 years old and in first trimester of first pregnancy... Recently went for an early scan due to a niggle and to ease my mind, no pain and no bleeding still having nausea and cravings silly things you get in a pregnancy... App was on Wednesday just gone and unfortunately due to not being able to see the baby clear enough she had to do an internal scan which showed no h/b bit confused as she told me she couldn't date me... But says my pregnancy sac looks to be measuring at 8 weeks and the fetous only a 6 weeks, I done a pregnancy test on 11th September negative then again on 27/28th September as I wasn't sure and it was positive, this was a clear blue its dated me 2/3 weeks which could mean I'm only 6 weeks and a few days, is it possible it is too early to find a heartbeat and possible the pregnancy sac could be bigger? Read some chats on here and I've seen a few about pregnancy sacs being bigger but even out over the rest of pregnancy? Need some advice, I don't know what to think or imagine? Back this coming Wednesday to check growth as something to do with size they can't class it as a miscarriage bearing in mind no pain not bleeding at all... Thanks in advance for any answers!!!

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community