Had a baby 5weeks ago and had a positive test

Hi Ladies, its been a while since I have been here. I had my baby on 06/05/06 and unfortunately he died that night.  He was born healthy but well its a long story.... the nicu did something and we have an attorney.  Anyways, my question is we have been having unprotected sex since 3 days after having the baby. I took a pregnancy test last week and it was negative and then I took another one yesterday and there was a very very faint line and you can see it in the sunlight as well.  I took another today but didn't do it with first morning urine and it was negative.  I am going to try again tomorrow.  Has this ever happened to anyone and they got preggers? My dr told me it was impossible to get pregnant within the 6wks after giving birth.  I stopped bleeding 3wks after I had him for a week then I bled 2-3 days with a light period and now I have stopped bleeding completely.  Any suggestions would be great.  I know this sounds bad but I am hoping to be preggers.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Oh my - Is anyone reading the same post as me???  I can't say how this person is feeling but the wording in the post really sounds like she is not as distraught as she should be for just losing a baby - I mean "unfortunuatly he died last - anyway long story but" and then to say "I really would like to be preggers".  That is not exactly the termanolgy I would think one would use after just losing a baby - I mean this is not a post that is meant to be rude, I understand this person may grieve differently but it just does not sound sincere.  I had a miscarriage and was distraut.  I wanted to talk to ANYONE that would listen and tell my whole story whether it was long or not.  I am sorry for your loss and I hope you can get pregnant soon.  Good Luck to you.

p.s. Like others have said - You really should give your body some time to heal physically and emotionally.
Helpful - 0
If he was perfectly healthy why was he in nicu? i agree. You should give your body more time. Good luck.
Helpful - 0
i think from memory the baby was early she was due way after me and my bubby is nearly 4 weeks old now.
Helpful - 0
My baby boy Johnathan Andrew was born at 32 weeks.  As a precautionary they put him in the nicu.  The wrong dosage of medications were given and they treated him for an infection that he did not have.  
Some have said I am not dealing with the grieving properly.  I cannot tell anyone of you what it feels like to give birth to a baby that morning and to have to sit there and hold him until he died at 11:40pm that same night.  Your heart feels as though you are dying inside yourself.  You feel emptiness and sorrow for a long time.  I still cry every night but I have to be able to move on.  Perhaps peopple think that I should still be crying all day and night but when I did that I was more depressed and wished I had died instead of him.  There are many unanswered questions on his death because the autopsy shows there was nothing wrong with him and the clinical notes are inconsistant with the autopsy.
Now yes we did have sex only 3 days after he was gone. I needed the comfort and the affection. I was told it was okay as long as we were careful. I think that everyone is different with their grieving and those of you who have not lost a baby whom was born healthy with no reason except that things went wrong with the medical staff please do not judge me.  I never came here to be judge, I just wanted to know if anyone else got pregnant. Do I want to be pregnant? Yes I do because you have no idea how empty you feel.  I know it won't replace him and nothing ever will,but maybe it will fill the emptiness.
Thanks for the responses that everyone has given. I will f/u with my dr next week when I go for an appt.
Helpful - 0
I am so very sorry for your loss, and cannot imagine what you've been through. I hope your bf/dh is your rock right now. Did you two get married? I remember yall had some rough patches around New Year's, that's why I asked.

Again, I'm sorry...grieve in whatever way works for you, just don't compromise your health. Good luck to you.
Helpful - 0
No we did not marry but we are still together.  He has been staying with me every night since the passing of our son.  He too is grieving so we seem to be grieving together and we have been able to talk about it.  Sometimes he doesn't want to talk about it, but thats okay cause I feel the same way some days.  Its easier to talk about it now than it was 3 weeks ago. If anyone even mentioned it I would start crying.
I am glad he is there for me because if he wasn't I think I would have gone crazy. That was how I was feeling the first couple of days. You feel like you should have been able to do something to have stopped it, but I wasn't able to get to the NICU until 6 hours after he was born because the epidural did not wear off until then.  They gave me more meds and it was too late cause he was born before they kicked in and then all I could do is wait there until it wore off.  So part of me wishes if I was there maybe it would have never happened. But I can't continue to think about the what if's anymore because that too will drive you crazy.
Thanks for asking.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.