I think Ava is getting a sore throat. =(

Ava had a little trouble crying late last nigt, and a little this morning.  She seems to be doing better now, since her feeding earlier.  Her Daddy has had a bad sore throat for about a week now, and he also has PINK EYE, if you can believe that!!  We have been careful not to put her too close to his face, and he ahs been good about washing and sterilizing his hands.  So far so clear on the pink eye.

Is there anything I can give her for a sore throat?  I am going to call her pedi this morning to see if I can't get an appointment.

Also, has anyone had a baby that has gotten pink eye before?  Her Daddy picked if up from her 7 year old sister, who of course picked it up from a little boy at school.  =(  I have never seen a case so bad before.  He has it in BOTH eyes, and his eyes are bloody looking under his eyelids.  His eyes are clearing up now, but still really red under his lids.  I feel so bad for him.  I made him a big pot of chicken soup last night.  Only problem we are having now, is that his daughters mother is convinced that her daughter has allergies instead of pink eye because that is what her pedi told her.  He prescribed oral antibiotics, hopefully it will cure it.  We went to the doctor and she prescribed eye drops with antibiotics for my DF.    

It seems like EVERYONE is sick around here.  There is no way to shelter our babies from it I guess.  It's so nerve racking!!    
Avery and I both has pinkeye a few months ago. Avery was 8 months old. We were both prescribed antibiotic eye drops and it cleared up in a couple days.  Pink eye is VERY contagious. Good luck-I hope you girls don't get it! :)
I hope we don't either.  So far no one else has shown any symptoms other than her Daddy and sister.  Do you know how it takes to surface?
Usually within a couple of days from exposure. Just be careful and wash your hands frequently. Don't even use the same handtowel as df. Good luck!

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.