Is this a good sign

I conceived on 8/5/09. I went to the doctor last thurday 9/10/09 and vaginal u/s showed only yolk sac. Up to that point I had only mild symptoms early on that seemed to have disappeared. I did not feel pregnant at all (this is my fourth pregnancy and never had such mild symptoms even with my previous miscarriage) I have just felt like something was wrong. Oh and I had also had my hcg level checked the week before the u/s and it was only 3600. So the past two days I have all of a sudden felt pretty naseous and tired. This is the first time I've felt these symptoms since I conceived. Could this be a sign that this pregnancy is still ok? Or could it still be a miscarriage with increased pregnancy symptoms? I go back to for another u/s this thurdays. Im just curious if it is wise to be hopeful, up to this point Ive have planned for the worst.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Symptoms disappearing can be a warning sign but not necessarily. I had no symptoms with this pregnancy whatsoever and I am now in week 30. Hope you get good news at your next appt. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the reply, I know about symptoms disappearing, my questions was more about symptoms APPEARING.
Helpful - 0
Well, if you're referring to the same pregnancy, then they disappeared first, then reappeared. Same concept applies. Or, are you thinking this is a new pregnancy? Is your other post the same question? I didn't check.
Helpful - 0
yes same pregnancy and same question. My questions is - Ive thought there was something wrong, no symptoms, went in and only yolk sac when i should have seen fetal pole and heartbeat, now all of a suden i feel pregnant. Should I get my hopes up or can you have increased symptoms and still miscarry...is that common.
Helpful - 0
I hope it is a great sign, but by itself it doesn't mean anything :(.  My last miscarriage I reached an HcG level of over 60,000, and had lots of symptoms.  Before I finally miscarried, I went in and no heartbeat seen, Hcg in the low 50,000s, so when it climbed to over 60,000 with increased symptoms I thought that meant something -- all it meant was my body wasn't yet ready to give up.  I hope your story ends differently.
Helpful - 0
thanks for he insight, ill just hope for the best, plan for the worst.
Helpful - 0
You are 6 weeks?  did I do that math right?  I suppose that is early to see anything...  I'd say that it would be a good sign, but unfortunately there is nothing to do but wait-  I hate that part!  But like Alikat said,  I had a similar thing happen-  my hcg levels were very high, and did increase even after I suspected I was miscarrying-  mine were so high because of the genetic defect the baby had-  the baby had 3 full sets of chromozones (sp?)  but never got a heart beat...  although I do have to say, even with the high hcg I didn't really have all the symptoms-  I think everyone and every pregnancy is different.  

Best of luck to you on your next ultrasound!  
Helpful - 0
well ...fetal age should be 6-7 weeks, gestational I should be 8-9 weeks.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.