Jeremiah keeps pulling his ears......

I have posted before about Jeremiah possibly teething...I have heard that pulling on the ears could be a sign? He seems to do it a lot though...he either pulls on his ears really hard or has his hands up by his head and pulls down. Also, he pulls on both ears, but seems to pull more on the right one....that's the side his gums get inflamed on.  A few days last week he had really loose/watery stools about 4 times a day. That is much better now. He seemed kinda warm today, so I took his temp, but no fever. Just worrying like a mommy does!  Thanks for any input! <3
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks Ladies! He isn't fussy which really suprises me, but I guess I should be thankful! He is still sleeping through the night and taking his regular naps with no problem. I will keep tylenol handy just in case he seems worse over the weekend! Thanks!!
He use to just pull on his ears when he was sleepy...but now he does it when he wakes up from a nap and just at random times....it's weird. I guess it could be an ear infection, teeth, or maybe he just realized he has ears...lol...I will see what the doc says on monday and just keep a close eye on him over the weekend. I hope it's just teeth and nothing serious!  He is constantly biting his fingers and drooling as well!
Helpful - 0
Well, if he isn't fussy, it very well may be his teeth.  But they don't always run a fever when they have an ear infection either.  Sometimes mine run a raging fever and then other times they don't.  I will only find out they have an ear infection because I take them to the doc, for say, being really fussy and Motrin not working, etc.

I'd def keep the Tylenol handy over the weekend.  I know my 13 1/2 month old is teething (molars!) right now and she is sleeping just terribly.  So I give her Motrin.  My doc had said not to give Motrin (which I prefer) until after she turned 6 months old.  
Helpful - 0
I thought my ds had an ear infection or something when he started pulling on both of his ears, but it turned out that he was just doing something "new" when he was sleepy. I watched him for a couple of days after we had been to the doctor (who found no ear infection) and saw that he was doing it mainly when it was nearing time to take a nap or his bedtime. He did it occasionally other than that, but it got more intense and constant when he was REALLY getting tired.

Just another thing to look for! :-)

Helpful - 0
How is he sleeping?  It may be his teeth.  It's all connected.
Helpful - 0
Our doctor's office is closed right now....but he does have an appt. for a regular check-up first thing on monday.....other than the pulling, I don't notice anything different about him. I'll see if I can get ahold of someone though...I know if there is an emergency, there is a doc on call, but it's not really an emergency I guess...if he had a fever I would def. call right away...I guess I will wait and see!
Helpful - 0
I agree w/ mami.  I'd call your doc; especially with it being Friday.  If it is an ear infection and it really flares up over the weekend, you may have to take him to ER.  Honestly, it could be either one or both.

I hope he feels better soon :)
Helpful - 0
He could have an ear infection.  I think you should call your pediatrician and let them know.  They may want you to bring him in.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.