Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Miscarriage #2

Well I am having miscarriage number two. It is very hard to believe I have such a wonderful and perfect two year old. I posted on Monday I began having occaisional scant amount of brown spotting. It started after I had a BM with a small amount of pink spotting and then turned into the occaisional brown spotting. I called the doctor Monday, Tuesday and yesterday. On Tuesday the nurse talked me into waiting and then yesterday I insisted on a sonagram. I was very postive that everything was going to be OK because I had all the sighns of being 9 weeks pregnant. I guess it was just the hormones. When they did the sonagram and the fluid sac appeared I could see it was empty except for a very small embryo. There was  no life. I haven't talked to the doctor yet of course I don't know if they would be able to answer all my questions. I don't if it was alive for a while and then died or what. I just had a miscarriage at the end of last year. It is just hard to think that I have had all these signs of pregnancy but nothing living inside of me. The most horrible thing is last time I had a miscarriage my husband was in Germany for business and today I had to take him to the airport again to go away on business. I am schedule for a D&C on Monday and he won't be back until Wednesday. I know it is a small procedure but it sure would be nice to have him here. I may not have to have the D&C if I pass it this weekend. They will take the tissue for genetic testing. I know this long so thanks for reading it. Has anybody had a similar experience?
I am so sorry for your loss. I have heard of the 3 month  wait. Each doctor is different though. Maybe you want to have a second opinion? Your doc sounds good though. After two in a row, I would follow his/her advice.
My doc told me just to wait 1 cycle, I was only 7 weeks. I had a natural MC did not need D&C, I think the wait is longer with a D&C the uterus needs time to heal.
I am so sorry for your loss. I am 10 weeks pregnant and I have just had two heavy bleeds, so waiting on my scan next week to see if I am still pregnant. The waiting is the worse thing. although we have 3 other children and feel blessed with them you never get over that sense of loss of what could have been. I wish you all the best for your future happiness and any future pregnancies if you decide to try again. Kate from the UK
I am so sorry for your loss.  I was five weeks pregnant as of Thursday when I started to have my miscarriage.  I had a baby almost 5 years ago and everything went perfectly.  This was our first time trying since then and I don't know why things went so wrong.  I never thought something like this would happen to me.  I know how you feel.  The doctor said I should wait 3 months before trying again.  He also said that about 1 in 3 women will have a miscarriage for no apparent reason and that I shouldn't be concerned unless I have 3 IN A ROW.  I think that's rediculous!  What does your doctor say?

Everyone:  Has anyone else been told this?  Also, how long has anyone else been told to wait?  I was only 5 weeks and I don't understand why I should have to wait 3 months.
I have never heard the three in a row thing. I guess my doctor thinks two in a row because they already want to send my tissue for genetic testing. My friend has three normal children but did have three miscarriages. When she had the genetic testing she was told that her and her husband both carried a gene for Down Syndrome. They were told that your body usually does not let a baby with a genetic problem live. That it is a rare to actually have a baby with a genetic disorder. I was told about a women who has had 7 pregnancies but has only four children. The doctor couldn't find anything wrong with her or her husband. I don't really understand. Does that mean the egg or sperm is just bad?
Sorry about your losses. My doctor told me we could try and conceive after I had my first normal period. I got pregnant right after and it ended because the egg got stuck between the tube and my uterus. They had to remove my tube and a piece of my uterus and now they're telling me they don't know if I will be able to have a baby due to my uterus and he also said he don't know if the other tube functions at all. Well my thing is, the first egg planted in the uterus, but for whatever reason it MC. I would think that it came from the tube he thinks isn't functioning if the other one was so close to my uterus(they said my uterus sits up high). Anyway, I'm not giving up hope. I want a child. Please everyone keep me in your prayers its staring to get really hard for me. I have no children, and Mother's Day coming up is real depressing because I thought this would be my first one, but to me it really is because I believe I have 2 babies in heaven waiting for me. I'm sure they are 2 of the prettiest angels there. Take care. God bless. Sticky baby dust to you all.