My Baby has a heartbeat!!!!

OMG, I am so excited, even more then when I got BFP. I had my u/s done this morning. She said everything looked normal and I heard the heartbeating. It was like music, I couldn't believe it. I really wasn't expecting it! She didn't tell me what the beats per min were but it sounded fast to me. I am so relieved, I can't even explain. I am sooooooo happy!!! I want to thank you guys so much for being here for me and giving me security, I think I would have cracked up without you and I mean it. She said I am 6 weeks and 5 days. Whooohoooo!!!!!
Thanks again everyone for your hope and prayers.

How is everyone else doing today?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
CONGRATS!! Way to go...the weeks will keep flying by!
Good Luck!
Norma
Helpful - 0
That is WONDERFUL news. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. When do you go back again? Did they give an u/s pic to show dh? or was he able to go too? DETAILS DETAILS! lol!

Heather
Helpful - 0
Congradulations!!! i am so happy for you!!
christina
Helpful - 0
I'm so happy for you!! I have tears in my eyes! Congratulations!
Helpful - 0
I am so happy and relieved for you.  I hope that this will relieve your worry (at least a little) and you can actually begin to enjoy your pregnancy. Congratulations!
Helpful - 0
Well Congrats!!! That's so exciting!!! :)
Hopefully in a few months I'll be able to say the same!!
Things just aren't going very well right now. Hopefully things will turn around soon!!
Helpful - 0
yipee!!!  That is so awsome! I knew it would be ok. i agree with heather details, details did you get a pic of your little peanut.  (that's what i think they look like at this stage heehee)

oh i am soooo happy for you.  congrats

~nanci
Helpful - 0
Yes, I did get a picture, almost forgot to ask too. I would have been so disappointed if I did forget. Yes, I am sosoooo relieved. I can actually enjoy knowing I am still pregnant and things are good so far. I go back on may 18th for another u/s, this was the original one and I am keeping it. I am also requesting to have my progesterone checked next week, this new doc actually believes in this stuff, beta levels as well. See, she's from another country. I have an appointment with her on Monday!!! Can't wait to hear the heartbeat on the dobbler. Really, when do you think I will hear it? I will have the dobbler this weekend. I think Silo, you told me 8 weeks at the earliest? Is this right. The doc said more like 10-11. It will be a pleasure having it I know that. Well, I'm at work, goofing again. Thanks again guys!!!!

I'm so happy
I'm so happy whooohoooo!!!!
Helpful - 0
Are you using the Doppler at home? If so, please remember that the baby can be any position at any time so if you don't hear it right off, it's no cause to worry. Also you have to take into consideration any added weight you may have in the tummy area...I am NOT saying you do, but that would hinder the results as well. I have never used one personally, but have read many posts on this site regarding the dopplers so I'm just repeating what I've read. I just don't want you to worry if you don't hear it right off. Why not bring the unit into your next appointment and get the doc to show you where and how? I would do that if I had a cool doc like you have! Good luck and I'm so happy for you!

Heather
Helpful - 0
Thanks Heather. I know, I will freak myself out but I know for sure now it's toooo soon but, Me, I will try anyway. I'm one stubborn b**ch!! Yes, my doc it cool, she wonderful. I just hope she doesn't change one bit. I can't wait to see her again.
Helpful - 0
Sorry, forgot to mention my bb/s are getting sore. Yahhhh Sickness off and on too. I thought it was just my nerves the past few days but it seems after I eat I get really naucious for awhile. I welcome it with open arms. I don't care if I puke everyday for the next 8 months!!!!!
Helpful - 0
We WILL remind you that you said that.....lol. I was told by my docs about 7 weeks is when the sickness starts and that it's a good sign so you are right on target! YOU GO GIRL!
Helpful - 0
Praise God!! I am so happy for you that you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy now. Was your DH with you? What was his reaction?? This site really is a great place to keep you sane. It's nice that almost anything us gals bring up, someone has delt with it or heard about before and can be of some help.
Helpful - 0
Congrats on your perfect u/s! It is soooo exciting!!! I am on number 3 and managed to cry during the u/s. Its amazing what happens emotionally once you see that baby!
Helpful - 0
cmn
I'm so happy for you that i was brought to tears, I'm so glad all is well and you got to see your little bundle of joy's heartbeating. I bet DH is so excited what was his reaction? Did he go with you? WOOOOOO HOOOOOO
Helpful - 0
OMG I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! YAY We are having our Holiday babies together! I am so excited!! You are less than two weeks pg from me! I am 8wks today!! And believe me girly!! I will remind you of that "puke every day" thing!!! I thought the saem thing and now I am wishing not. In fact the other night as I leaned over the potty I thought of you! I thought "I wish I could transfer just HALF of my symptoms to her! Then she would be happy (if sick) and I would only be half miserable!" ;)

LOL j/k-But I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
Helpful - 0
Congrats!!!!! What wonderful news...
I don't usually reply on posts like this but I just wanted to comment about the sickness thing...........

WE WILL REMIND YOU THAT YOU SAID YOU WOULD WELCOME THE SICKNESS FOR THE NEXT 8 MONTHS..........HEHE.
WHEN YOU ARE SQUATTING THERE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE TOLIET, JUST REMEMBER, YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T MIND.........LOL.

J/K we all know how excited you are.
Congrats again.
Hugs,
Vikki
Helpful - 0
Congratulations!!! I remember saying the exact same thing about symptoms lol. Bring em on!!! Oh do I wish I could have put a claus in that statement back then lol. I do not even talk to yall on a regular basis but have tears in my eyes from reading your posts and to finally seeing this one. God Bless your little baby bean and have a wonderful 8 more months.

Christine
EDD 8/11/04
Helpful - 0
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  I remember the first time we saw that little light flicker and heard the heartbeat, I think it was the best day of my life!!!!  My husband and I just sat there and cried and cried, its great getting to relive it with you today!  I too shared the "joy" of feeling sick because I never did with the babies I lost and thought of it as a wonderful sign.  Now that I'm 25 + weeks, its not such a great sign, except I feel guilty even typing that because I am soooooooooooooooo very grateful that my daughter is doing well and I might be holding her in my arms in three months!  

Again, woooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooo  Congrats!!!!  Kirsten...
Helpful - 0
Kassismom, glad you were thinking of me while you were puking, lol. I would take half for you!

Thanks everyone!!!! I know, I will probably be complaining in a few weeks about being sick and tired, I will swallow my words. Oh well, I don't care as long as this baby is healthy!
Helpful - 0
Sorry, I forgot to answer you questions. Don't mind me.
No, DH wasn't with me. He would not be good if something had been wrong, I didn't even ask for him to go. Also, when you get u/s here for emergencies like this, they won't let anyone in with you. I will make sure he is with me on May 18th though. I'll just take him in with me and see if they let him stay. I called him as soon as I got out from my cell, he was all smiles and chuckles. I took the pictures home before I went back to work, I couldn't wait for him to see them. There cute!
Helpful - 0
YEA FOR YOU!  What a wonderful relief.  I knew everything would be ok.  Now, just relax.  When the doppler comes, just put it way low, right above the pubic bone.  Remember, the baby is very low right now, and it's most likely going to be right above your hairline.  Let me know when it comes in, I'll be so excited to see if you can hear it.  I have no idea about the doppler you'll be using, I'm only going by the one I have from Belly Beats.  I heard mine at almost 9 weeks.  It says you can hear as early as 8 weeks.

I posted on the OPEN FORUM (the one that I opened) about my day at the doctor.
Helpful - 0
Things can only get better!!!!
Lots of good thoughts and prayers heading your way!!
maria
Helpful - 0
Congratulations!  Now you can get down to the pure enjoyment of this pregnancy.  May you be blessed with good health for you and your baby.

Regards,
Shelly
Helpful - 0
2

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.