Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

No cramps or twinges. I'm worried!

I am 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I am so worried because I'm having absolutely no cramping or twinges. I've had 3 miscarriages in the past and I really want this pregnancy to go well.
Has anyone had a successful pregnancy without having any cramps or twinges?
3 Responses
669618 tn?1289403248
Hi there, first of all i want to say i'm very sorry for your miscarrages! :( I know how heart breaking they are.  But you really shouldn't worry if your not cramping.  I went almost a month and a half before i even knew i was pregnant, and the only reason i took a pregnancy test was because i had no period and my boyfriend jokingly told me to take one, so i did.  I'm now 32 weeks pregnant, and the cramps i didn't feel in the frist 4-5 months of pregnancy are all building up now.  Try and relax :) Good luck in your pregnancy and I hope everything works out well.

Crystal
11940 tn?1270815262
I am 5 weeks today and pg with my second child.  I have had no cramping or twinges with either pregancy.  In fact, my first pregnancy was a breeze.  I had no cramps, etc until later in the pregnancy and that was namely because of "growing pains".  Try and relax and enjoy the ride... it will be over before you know it.  My first is going to turn 1 in two weeks and I can't believe how fast the last year has gone.  Cherish being pg.  It's a wonderful experience.
Thanks girls. You've set my mind at ease. Good luck to you both too!

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.