Women's Health: Postpartum Community

~~~~~~~~~~OPEN FORUM SATURDAY~~~~~~~~~

HEY SINCE I NEVER GET ON HERE ANYMORE I THOUGHT I WOULD OPEN A FORUM FOR TODAY.  HOW IS EVERYONE???  IT WAS GREAT TO HEAR CHLOE IS DOING WELL.  I CAN TOTALLY RELATE TO WHAT SHE SAID ABOUT THE BABY MOVING AROUND SO MUCH IT HURTS SOMETIMES.  I WILL BE 27 WEEKS ON MONDAY.  TO KASSIMOM THE CLUTZY'S ARE NORMAL.  I TOO AM RUNNING INTO THINGS CONSTANTLY AND DROPPING EVERYTHING I TOUCH.  I BROKE A GLASS IN THE SINK THE OTHER DAY.  IT IS BAD.  I HAVE A ???  I AM SUPPOSEDLY HAVING A BOY AND I HAVE DECIDED TO DO A CARE BEAR NURSERY WITH THE FOCUS ON THE BLUE BEDTIME BEAR (THE ONE WITH THE MOON AND STAR ON THE BELLY) MY MOM SEEMS TO THINK CARE BEARS IS GIRLISH DO YOU ALL THINK SO???  I DO NOT WANT A GIRLY NURSERY FOR A BOY.  I PLAN ON DOING THE ROOM IN MOSTLY BLUES AND YELLOWS.  ALSO ANOTHER ???  WHEN DO YOU USUALLY DROP???  I DO NOT FEEL I LOOK AS HIGH AS I DID ABOUT A MONTH AGO.  I AM ONLY 6 MONTHS AND AM HUGE.  I HAVE HAD A FEW PPL TELL ME I WILL NOT MAKE IT TIL SEPT.  I HATE THAT.  WELL I SHOULD GO FOR NOW.  YOU ALL TAKE CARE AND I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.   BYE
Christina, Thinking about you TONS! How did your u/s go yesterday? I hope all is well - Let us know how things went! (((((hugs))))) Kellie
Blondie!!! LOng time no chat!! How are you! Okay to answer your questions, I do not agree with your mom about the care bears being girly. I think they are larelgy unisex (as long as you stay away from the pink Cheer bear!) :). But as you said you are doing blue and yellow, I do not see how those colors could be anywhere near girly! I bought the baby a care bear outfit the other day (like you, the blue bear with moon and stars on it) and you know how I am wanting a boy! I certainly wouldn't have bought the outfit if a boy couldn't wear it! As for dropping and all that, I never did drop with my DD. She I think pretty much situated her butt in my pelvis from the get go and when she finally turned I assumed there was a nice comfy indentino for her head where her butt had been (like a well loved sofa or chair!) I think this baby is doign the same thing, buried his/her butt in my pelvis because I get the HB regularly right there still down low. As for carrying till Sept, don't you love how everybody has advice, and most haven't got a clue!! Everyone told me I was carrying like a boy and would never make it to my due date, I was having twins and I was so HUGE I would never lose the weight. Wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong again. I had my girl, went 3 weeks past my due date, had only ONE baby, and lost EVERY bit of the weight I had gained. Think of it this way, when we get pregnant, we get the pregnancy stupids. When people get around a pregnant women they get the "advice stupids". Basically words shoot out of thier mouth that they have no idea about and you just have to smile and say "Well, I thank you for your expert opinion on this, but I think since this baby is inside me, I am goign to have to go on my own instincts!" If that doesn't shut them up, pray for them, they need prayer!!! LOL

Everyone else-Thanks for your advice ont he mom issue. I am still on the fence about this whole thing. My sister will be calling me Sunday night or Monday morning and I really am not comfortable with it but I know if I say no, my mother will lose her mind and I will have to hear about it in the background. Who knows. Maybe I can do it just to get it over with. *sigh* I didn't need this right now...
Is there anyone out ther who had absolutely NO symptoms of being pg besides a missed period and had a healthy nine months?
Hey There,
          To your post yesterday.. The name that we came up with was Ashton James.. We had that name picked out for 3 years now.. and im finally glad we will get to use it this time around!!

~*Chloe*~
blondie-
i think your nursery plan is great. my friend did suzie's zoo for her first child (a boy) and it turned out really cute. there are a lot more animals in that than just the main duck.
so i think nighttime carebear is cool.

andi-
when i got pg with my son i felt nothing. from month 2 - 3 i got a little more tired thatn usual and at about 4 months i started getting heartburn, other than that absolutely nothing.
so don't worry
~nanci
my symptoms seem to disapear then reapear is that normal? Today i don't feel anything no cramping,bbs not that sore anymore and not feeling so neaseous. Please someone tell me that this is okay, i have an early U/S that i get to go to but they haven't called to schedule the appointment yet. What should i do?
relax....they will return! enjoy the time before they do come back.
~nanci
How are you doing today? How is your pregnancy going? thanks for the advice, i guess i'm just a little nervous about what is going on.
My son will be 6 in Sept and he still loves the Care Bears.  Every night he holds his Beadtime Bear.  I think its a great idea for a nursery theme.

I wouldn't worry about losing some of your symptoms, I am 6 weeks tomorrow and am constantly prodding my boobs cos I feel they arent as sore one day as they were the previous.
I had sickness a couple of days but now nothing, but I have acid taking its place.  Be positive I know waiting for a scan to confirm everything is ok seems to take forever, but there really is nothing else you can do right now. How far along are you btw?
I had two healthy pregnancies like that...no morning sickness, nothing(unless you count heartburn at 8 months), I have a son and daughter both at great weights no probs.  I had no pregnancy complications at all.  I am one who doesn't believe in that morning sickness=lower risk of miscarriage...because I had morning sickness with my last pregnancy and it ended in miscarriage.  I think in the end it comes down to the "Que sera sera" effect....whatever will be, will be.  Enjoy your pregnancy and count your blessings you don't have to go through the morning sickness like a lot of women.:o)
Best of luck to all and babies!
Robin