Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Open Forum if needed

Just got back from my first scan, chuffed to know all is ok this time and there is a heartbeat, but not out of woods yet, so holidng on.  Apparently some can tell if baby is male or female by the heartbeat rate, saw something posted few months ago, but coz had just had a miss, did not really take it in, any info?  Other than that, have a good day, Xmas is fast approaching, way hay! Good luck to all those trying to conceive, congrats to all those who have, and my prayers and wishes to those who have suffered the heartache of a loss, thoughts are with you all XXX
Sorry forgot to say am 6 weeks and five days, and length of baby 8mm, due date 3rd August.  Has miss in Sept.  XX
I am scare to ask but why the XXX????  LOL!!!!!  Sorry to hear about your loss.  I am so glad you are blessed to be pg again though.  I too suffered a m/c last year in Sept and in Dec was pg again and in Sept of this year had my littl boy.  He is now 3 months old and adorable as can be.  With Christmas coming we will be lighting a candle and saying a prayer for the one I lost though.  It is going to be our tradition to remember our baby.  I was 12 weeks when we found out we lost him/her.  I do hope all goes well for you this time around.  The h/b thing is just an old wives tale.  They say if it is higher it is a girl and lower a boy but that is not true.  Many ppl have spoke from experience on here although my DD h/b was always on the higher side and my baby now never really got over 150.  I find that odd.  Boys are so much more active than most girls so you think it should be opposite.  O well.  I hope I have answered your question.  I
Glad to hear that your doing well, i now how nerves you are about this pregnancy. I had a miss when i was 17, and when i got pregnant this time around i was very scared. I started bleeding this time at around 7 weeks and that freeked me out, but all turned out well and i'll be 33 weeks tomorrow. When we first hear out babies hearbeat through u/s it was at 164-174bpm at 9 weeks, then as i started to get farther along the heartbeat has gone down to about 140-150. I've had some people tell me that's boy's heartbeat, and others say that it's a girls heartbeat. I don't care either way as long as my little one is healthy, when i first found out i was pregnant i have been saying boy but DH has been saying girl. Are planning on finding out the sex of you little peanut? We aren't going to know until out peanut is born.
I have a quick question. As many know, I have had a rough couple of week. I have been spotting, cramping and contraction since the 26th of November! Everyone keeps telling me that I look as if the baby is "dropping". I was under the impression that dropping doesn't happen until like 2 weeks before labor? I am dilated to 3 cm externally. PLEASE HELP!!!
Sorry to hear about what your going through,I can't believe that your already 3cm. Has your doctor put you on bed rest yet? If not why hasn't he/she? I'll keep you in prayer that you won't go into labor, you still have a ways to go until that baby is done cooking. Keep me notified on how your doing.
If I remember correctly, you are either 32 weeks or just about or around there and all of my pregnancy books say that the baby drops and gets into position around this time.  I am not sure about "looking as if the baby has dropped" because I am not sure how one can tell but your doctor can also confirm if the baby is in vertex or breech position.

Are you still on bed rest?  Do they have you taking any medications?

guinea
Just got back from my dr. appt. Last time they did a beta strep test and a cervical check even though I was only 34 weeks. The doctor said I was dilated a fingertip. Well this week I asked the nurse if I would have another check because I had Sklyer with me and wanted to know if I should have him move by my head. She asked if I was contracting and I said yes and that they were definately different than they had been, so she said they would.

Anyway the doctor comes in,(different one from last week) and asks if I am just having braxton hicks. And I said well sometimes, but I have been having contrations with a crampy feeling and more pain in the lower front and back. He checked me and said I had went to 2 cent. and that I could no longer have sex, had to restrict my activity and have more pelvic rest. When he was checking me he says are you having one now and I said no, and he asked if I was sure, so I don't know what he was feeling. Anyway he told me that I am to take any feeling other than baby movement as uterine contractions and to watch it. He wanted to do some monitoring but I had Skyler and was not too thrilled about staying with him. So I go back next week.
Mandi
Make sure you rest we don't want your little guy coming too early. Go home and relax.
Oh, I was also 50% effaced.
Mandi
We're almost at the 32 week mark now,girly.My DR. told me at that stage,they have an excellent outcome,and can be released from the hospital when they reach 4 1/2 lbs.Are you doing your bedrest? I've been trying my best...lol...but it's hard.I'm so sorry your still crampy and dilating...I was put on brethine,which stopped my contractions,but i'm fully effaced and can start anytime.Maybe ask your DR. about that prescription? My baby has dropped also,it almost looks like a basketball shape.She's firmly in my pelvis,in the vertex position.As long as we can hold out till mid january,we should be able to bring our babies home with us....hugs and prayers,
                        Laura
oh boy it seems like all of us due right after the first of the year are trying to make early appearances.

i had some pressure earlier, but my contractions have eased off...my doctor is hoping i will hold out until 37 weeks. so that means one more week and she will be 'ok' with delivering.

~nanci
Hi there, surname begins with X, or used to begin with X before I got divorced and one of my fav films was triple XxX, mystery solved, lol!! nothing to do with the other!! Lol, am 7 weeks today, past the last time I missed, still holding breath, haven't told anyone, feel is still too soon.

XXX
HELLO new to the forum, just found out im pregnant again, only about a month along. im way more scared this time than i was with my five year old, maybe because im older and more aware... my hormones are crazy, and i didnt go through that the first time... dealing with different things this time too, im  white and the babys father is black, and alot of my family is having issues with that, so im very stressed. feels like im going crazy already, and i still have a long way to go.