Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Pregnant again/haven't miscarried yet

I have had 2 sonograms and given blood 5 times for hcg testing. The problem is that I have a 71/2 week sac on my cervix,no baby, but rising hcg. I had a D&C scheduled for Monday,6th, but first they wanted one last ultrasound. Ultrasound #3 found the now 7 1/2 week old sac is in the cervix and a new 5 1/2 week sac in the uterus causing the rise of the hcg. What a mess. Of course they are worried that when I pass sac #1 it may expell the one in the uterus. I kind of feel like a science project. I can't find anything on the internet about this situation. Has anyone ever heard of getting pregnant again before even having a miscarriage?
Goodness!  I have never heard of anything like that either.  Does the 5 week sack look ok?

I hope everything works out for you.  Please keep us posted.
I've never heard of that happening, but I guess anything is possibe.  My gf had triplets and they said that one of the babies had to of been conceived several days later so maybe the same thing happened to you?  Good luck to you.
I saw the name of your thread and i was like WHAT?? why is she being so negative??? but then i read your comment.. Is it possible that maybe you had twins and the second sac is now forming?? did they see anything in the second sac? I hope you dont lose both sacs if the first one tries to expel itsself.  Good luck and try and stay positive..
Thanks for your comments, This is consuming my days! The 5 1/2 week sac looks fine. She said she thinks the can see a yok but no fetal pole. Next us is Monday where we should know more, can't hardly think of anything else.I'm reading all of these comments about people getting pregnant right after a m/c, but, I got pregnant before miscarrying!(I do have a neat picture though showing them both)
I know what you mean about feeling like a science project.  You give blood - you wait, you give blood again - and wait some more.  It seems like a never ending process.  Good luck with your situation.
wow i have never heard of that happening (not like im some expert,but still..) that must have been a happy surprise (besides feeling like a science project),i know i would be extatic if i had thought i lost my baby and then find out that there is a new one to take its place...so interesting....be sure to let us know how everything goes :)
Im so sorry your going through this! I hope everything is ok with the smaller sac. I have heard of people who have lost 1 twin and the other stayed put. I hope this is your case. Keep us updated! Good luck!!!!! xoxo Oh is there anyway of posting the pic? tiffany-***@****
Wow, did your friend finally have a successful miscarriage during her pregnancy?
no the child that she was miscarrying was saved by the second pregnancy, which is what caused her to have twins.
Sorry about your situation, that is really frustating.  A friend of mine, was pregnant and in the process of miscarrying, but before she could she got pregnant again and she had twins.
Wow, that's crazy. The only thing is that the sac #1 is 7 1/2 weeks, empty w/no heartbeat. This one HAS to come out. The waiting is killing me. Next sonogram Monday at 7am. Keep yall posted.
my prayers are with you!!!  stay strong girl. is the 5 week sack a viable baby?  maybe they can surgically remove the empty sack and preserve the other.  i'll be thinking of you.  lots of luck.  if you are ever unsure about something, its ok to ask your dr lots and lots of questions to put your mind at ease.
Thanks so much for all the support. I've become an internet junkie. The 5 week sac looks good. Have another us on Monday at 7am. Can't wait! They won't remove the one stuck, for fear to jar the snuggled up one in the uterus :) It has almost been 3 weeks now. I believe I will demand some answers on Monday, I just don't think they know what to tell me.
lots of prayers for you...
This morning we have a heartbeat in the viable sac. The ultrasound tech made a video because she thinks this is a recordable event. I guess they publish weird stuff like this in obgyn news. HA. Well, next off to High risk. Not sure what to do about the dead fetus in sac stuck in the cervix. Wish me lots of luck I don't miscarry both at the same time!
that is amazing!!!!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!
We have a heartbeat in the viable pregnancy, Still a nonviable stuck in cervix. I think they are going to send me to high risk this week or next. They are not sure what to do. They took a video of the ultrasound though because it is so rare.
I am very confused.The first day of my last period was Dec. 14th, I was on Metformin, Provera and Clomid.  I had a positive pregnancy test on Jan 12th.  The doctor monitored Hgc levels right away which were very low and not doubling 159,240, 361,375, and 474.  I had an US and told that there was a gestational sac but was very small.  I went in again a week later and was told there was no change in size and it was empty.  By now I had started to spot and had cramping.  My doctor told me i was surely having a miscarriage.  I have been bleeding and passing tissue for about a week, I have been having painful cramping too.  I got a call today from my doctor telling me my hgc levels are at 1900 had another US and everything is exactly the same, they did not see anything in my tubes the GS sac is still there.  I just have to sit and wait.  Has anyone had this happen? Any doctor in the group that can help me understand what is going on?
I went for 2 ultrasounds with the same answers. You have a dead 7 1/2 week old sac at the tip of your cervix. My numbers went 270,420, then 977. They couldn't figure why they were going up. They thought that the sac may still be growing and causing the numbers to rise or that there was a hiding viable fetus. My dr. Scheduled a D&C and I gave more blood that day. Numbers went to 4544. The ultrasound the day of the D&C showed a new sac. in the uterus. We cancelled the D&C and scheduled another ultrasound 1 week later. This showed a heartbeat, dead sac has moved into the cervix. Now they have videoed the ultrasound and make me wait another week to discuss. Forget that, I made an appt for Monday with a high risk dr. They don't want to disrupt the sac in the cervix for fear it will abort both sacs. Actually no one really knows what to do. At least you passed your first pregnancy. I think you're like me. You miscarried and before you could have another period you ovulated and got pregnant. Only difference being I never miscarried. Good Luck!!!
So, what happened?? I am going through much of the same thing---thank GOD someone else has been through it too. I am in the process of m/c, and they see another, (what they think is) gestational sac. It could be just a blood clot, but they're not sure. They say it may have been twins--- and I just m/c one. I have to wait until Monday for my next doc. apt. I am going crazy!! I don't know whether to plan for a baby, or continue to mourn the loss. My emotions are all over the place. I have no idea what to think--I'm trying not to get my hopes up too, just in case it is just a blood clot. But, what if it isn't? I also have to worry about m/c the new one, if I am pregnant. AHHHH!