Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Regarding Pregnancy

I got periods on 21st September. My doctor  advised me to take MEDRIGEST 10mg  (Medroxyprogesterone acetate tablets) from 15th day till 25th day (i.e. for 10 days). Many  are saying that I will get periods after taking medrigest. Many are saying if i am pregnant in this duration then i will not get periods. I just want to know what this tablet does with regards to pregnancy? Will it make me get periods if the egg is not matured and make me not to get periods if the egg is matured,i.e if i am pregnant?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If you have already conceived by Day 15, then your periods will not come. Yes, if you have a mature egg, you can conceive. A progesterone preparation in last half of cycle is given to regularize the cycle and increase chances of pregnancy. If you have doubts and concerns then please consult your gynecologist. If you have trouble conceiving, then you may need more tests. If you have irregular cycle, then also other causes like PCOD need to be ruled out. Take care!