Side Effects

I had eclampsia during my first and only pregnancy. I delivered a healthy premature baby in 31 week.
I was advised that if I would be pregnat again I would have to take a child's size aspirin daily to avoid the chance of high bood pressure go very high again. I am concern for the side effects of the medication.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Taking a baby aspirin a day is one of the new standards of care for women who might be at risk for pre-eclampsia.  It does not affect your blood pressure, but instead works to prevent you from developing pre-eclampsia in the first place.

It has very few side effects.  It is now given to most women who are at risk or who have a past history of pre-eclampsia.
Helpful - 0
And what are the very few side effects on the baby aspirin during pregnancy?
I had the eclampsia and my blood pressure was 174/118.
Helpful - 0
A very small chance of bleeding abnormally.  It is used frequently during pregnancy, and has been well studied.

Eclampsia can be life threatening for you and your baby.  It is a very dangerous condition.
Helpful - 0
When in that pregnancy did you get diagnosed? I am just wondering because I am having alot of symptoms and am concerned!
Helpful - 0
Between 4-5 month I noticed I was sweeling a lot, hands, face and feet.  But every visit at the ob the test results were ok, however when I complaint that I was too swallen the ob ignored me as she said it was a hot and humid summer and due to the weather it was normal, but I did not feel normal, and one day for my routine my blood pressure was higher then normal, she sent me home and over night my blood pressure went very high and I lost it, good thing I was home not alone, otherwise I was not able to pick up the phone and call 911. Do not ignore your own body and if you feel something go to the hospital and they will help:)  I don't wish anyone to go through what I went through.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.