Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Spotting ???

I went to the bathroom this morning and strained a little to go (#2).  After I wiped, I saw a little blood (red!) on the tissue.  I went to pee a few hours ago, and again blood but just a string of it.  What's going on do you think?  I'm cramping a little but nothing alarming (at least, it doesn't feel that bad).  Could it be that the straining did it?
9 Responses
121828 tn?1333464491
EEEK, Don't panic! There is still implantation going on from what I've read and your cervix is a lot more sensitive so maybe you popped a few blood vessels somewhere? I remember waking up at 8w 3d to go to the dr. w/dd and had bright red blood. Everything was fine. Keep me posted. I might would call the dr. just for piece of mind.
I panicked a little but then went back to my first pregnancy diary (yes, I kept one :)) and read that same thing happened when I was pregnant with Ariella so that eased my mind a bit.  I just took Ariella to my inlaws and took it easy today.  They're bringing her back soon but at least I got a break for three hours :)
121828 tn?1333464491
I totally think it was the straining. Keep a close eye on it but I'm sure it will go away, until the next (#2) hee, hee...
16045 tn?1340287933
I had spotting and then some blood about a week ago and started to panic!  I thought for sure the pregnancy was doomed, but went to my doctor and they did a u/s and I heard the heartbeat!  So, all was well.  She told me that spotting or bleeding can be a normal thing and several things can trigger it.  Keep us updated!
How far along are you?
I'm checking myself every half hour or so if I"m spotting.  I have some dull cramping but I don't know if it's something to watch out for.  Ugh...
I'm 7 weeks
My menstrual cycles have been only somewhat regular for the past 3 months and my  husband and I really were trying to conceive in July, I did not get my period on August 11 as I was supposed to I did a home preg test and it came out negative and then I noticed very little bleeding but after (second day) I have not seen a spot of blood.  Could I be pregnant, how soon should I do a home preg test again?  I really want to be pregnant :)
223438 tn?1189755826
Just wait a few days (3-4) to see what happens. In a few days if the bleeding hasn't picked up again then test again.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.