Women's Health: Postpartum Community

TGIF - Open forum

Happy Friday ladies! I sure hope we can have a peaceful day today! Yesterday was just too much! I do have a question for anyone who may know.......If you are going to have af, so any of you know when your cervix will become low and hard again. I know with pregnancy it stays high and soft (maybe I'm wrong) but if someone could shed some light I would appreciate it! BTW, I'm on cycle day 18 and I'm still high and soft!
You can take Zantac, but check with your Ob as to the dosage. I had to do the same when I was preggo with Carrigan. The old wives tale was true with her b/c she came out with a head full of hair! Good luck to you!
Hey I also bought  bottle of vitex and a bottle of prenatal. My doc actually my doc's nurse recomended it I brought it home and did lotsof reserch on it and Im very excited about it. not only that on my bottle it says take two or three a day for the first two weeks to get it into your system quickly. I actually have high hopes for it. This has to be our month. Good luck. vitex and baby dust cheers.
I have a whole bottle of Vitex at home that was opened and I only used 3 days worth. It has 240 capsules. I can no longer use it since I am now on Clomid and Progesterone. If anyone is interested in it I will be happy to mail it out for you. E-mail me your info to ***@**** if interested.
I hate to waste it. :(
harleygrl: this is very good news!!! i have good feelings for you.

cutiemama:  sorry about af...i swear by vitex...my nutritionalist is recommending it til 1st trimester is over.  

baby dust to all!!!!  monday will be the day where i started spotting last time right before m/c so please everyone keep good thoughts for me!!!  i am so nervous.
You will be fine... That lil' babe is meant to be in your arms in a few months time.
u just made me cry!!!  thank you
Yes, my doctor said most OTC heartburn medicines are safe to take during low-risk pregnancies, I always take a Pepcid AC if I feel hearburn coming on.  Also, I have Acid Reflux disease since I was a child which has gotten worse with pregnancy and the doctor has prescribed Nexium but since I've never taken it and it is a fairly new drug to the market, I've decided to wait until after the pregnancy to start taking it.  I just don't feel comfortable starting a new medication while pregnant.  

I'm almost 17 weeks pregnant and I've been taking Pepcid AC since around 10 weeks, but they say drink lots of water.  Water will semi-neutralize and wash the acids in your stomach, stay away from carbonated drinks such as soda pops even non-caffinated ones, spicy foods, and use several pillows to prop your head up at night.  I know for acid reflux, they say don't let your head fall below a 35 degree angle or you will most likely have heartburn.  I've always been told stay away from milk, it's good for upset stomach and insomnia, but it can trigger heartburn.  Eat neutral non-sugary foods like bread and crackers which will help soak up the acids in your stomach.  Also, I know it's not healthy, but I try to eat closer to bed time.  During acid-reflux, if your stomach gets empty, the acids will start churning and cause you to have heartburn in the middle of the night, which is when I usually have it, so I eat closer to 8:30 or 9.  This comes from having acid reflux which is since I was 9, so I hope it helps you.
Ok, the Vitex is being sent to Luv Babies!!!!  Please no one else e-mail me regarding the Vitex as it was first come first serve!!! :)
Morning ladies!
Harleygrl that's great news about the O!!
cutiemama sorry to hear of AF that's poopy! :(
I'm still waiting to O, cd14 today. I have a feeling Dh and I will miss it this month tho, oh well, all we have is time I guess!
Thank you so much for the information.  That gives me hope that I will have a better night sleep tonight!!  I am going to buy some pepcid after school and will definitely sleep with two pillows!!!  

:)
I have read vitex must be stopped when you get a bfp. So your doc told you to continue taking it?

Amy, I suffered from serious heartburn with my dd. Try not to eat anything about 3 or 4 hours before bed and maybe that will help control the heartburn some.
Vitex is a herb, I think they have it in health food stores or over the internet