UPDATE on Julians Echocardigram

Its been a while sinceI have posted... Ive missed you guys! Julian had his echocardiagram on Monday and we recieved bad news yesterday... He hasa Congenital Heart Defect. The name is a Bicuspid Aeortic valve.... We go to the doctor tomorrow to get more information and get a referral to a Pediatric Heart Specialist.....
This is only common among 1-2% of the population so it it rather rare.  If anyone has any insight on this anything is helpful..... Thanks
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My daughter has a bicuspid aortic valve. She has had a balloon procedure to widen it as she also as some stenosis. She was also born with coarctation of the aorta which she had surgery to fix. She is now a healthy big active 2 year old. Feel free to ask me any questions. She has echos, ekgs and cardiac appts twice a year now.
Helpful - 0
I forgot to mention that I did look this up, and it appears to be easily lived with. Form what I read, most people do not need surgery until they are around 50-60, and the life span for someone with this defect is considered about the same as someone without the defect! Hopefully the doc can clear things up, but it sounds like he should be okay :-)
Helpful - 0
I am so sorry to hear this! I hope the doctors can shed some light on what is going on!
Helpful - 0
Wow - sorry to hear of this!  I hope it's something that caught early can be treated with success!  Best of luck!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.