Vaccinations

How does every one feel about vaccinating your children?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I did it with my first, she's 10 now, and with my 3 year old up to now. I'm not giving them anymore and will refuse them when baby girl arrives too. Too many horror stories of vaccine reactions vs. not vaccined. I know a few moms whose kids died from them. Look on the cdc website and see what us actually in them. They were way safer when we got them as kids and fewer too, and we had less diseases and mental illness going around. Today everything is sooooo corrupt, its difficult to make healthy choices for our babes. Good luck.
Helpful - 0
Oh, I wish I knew then what I know now. I would have never vaccined my kids, ever!!
Helpful - 0
I'm just so torn on what to do!!! I don't want to make the wrong decision for my child! I don't want my child developing autism and I also don't want him dying from whooping cough! So stressful
Helpful - 0
Just wanted to let you know, I work for a chiropractor who is extremely against vaccinations. He did not vaccinate his son who is now 2 and his son has been sick constantly! He had rsv and several other things. I feel so bad for his kid, he is literally sick 11 months out of the year. While vaccinations can be scary because of a potential risk for autism, is it worth your child being sick nonstop? Oh and his son did not speak at all, he only grunted at everything, until he was almost 2... So not vaccinating does not guarantee that your child will not be delayed.
Helpful - 0
Thank you for telling me that!
Helpful - 0
Just FYI, the guy who wrote about the vaccines/autism link was found to have faked his research.  It was a big scientific scandal.

If you're worried, do what I did -- give the vaccines one at a time and watch for reactions.  My son's doctor told me there is much less active ingredient in a vaccine today than there was when I was a little girl, like - by many times.  I was never worried about anything serious like autism, but did worry my son would feel a little punky or something after getting them.  So we went in on a regular basis for a while and got one shot at a time.  (Note:  he never did get punky.)

The illnesses that are known to be prevented by vaccines are very serious, even life-threatening illnesses.  But people who want to believe in government conspiracies will never believe vaccines are helpful.  Don't know what to say about it except do your research, try not to endanger your kids, and try not to endanger other kids, who might get a non-vaccinated kid's illness.
Helpful - 0
I planned on doing an alternate shot schedule but my nurse told me that I should re consider because its cruel to get them more pokes then necessary.

I just don't know what to do!
Helpful - 0
I don't think spreading them out is anymore "cruel" then getting 3 or 4 at once so I'd disregard what that nurse said. I work at a childcare and have had many parents who decide to spread out their child's vaccines and what I've noticed is that they are less likely to get fevers from them when done this way.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.