Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Vaginal discharge during early pregnancy - What's normal?

I already have a question posted under "Increasing HCG levels, but u/s not matching gestational age".  You might want to read that to know my history.  I have been noticing an occassional discharge off and on.  It's not brown or red... just a sort of light beige.  It's not heavy, just a slight showing on my pantyliner.  I was reading a book that said that an increase in a whitish discharge is normal.  Has anyone else out there had this occur during a normal preganacy or is it only supposed to be white.  Please if anyone knows.///Thank You
i have. it's suppposed to be cream colored or white. it's because of the increasing levels of progesterone in your body. totally normal.
I already posted this in the wrong section, sorry!
  I am 8 weeks and have had tan discharge.  There isnt much of it and it isnt all the time.  I noticed it last night when i wiped.  Im not having any pain.  I read that some women "spot" around the time they would have normally had a period.  Anyone had the same?  Please, any news good or bad would be helpful.  thank you...
Hi! I am also 8 weeks pg and i am having the same discharge...my dr told it's a yeast infection and just to take monistat...so call your doc, it might be the same thing. it's very common in early pregnancy...hope this helps!
I  am trying to get pregnant. I have been for almost two months, I have taken a few pregnancy tests and they all say negative. But I have not had my period since we started trying. I also have noticed that I am having tan/beige colored vaginal discharge. Is this a sign of pregnancy??
I also been trying to get pregnant.I taught i was because my breast are hurting ,urinating often than usual ,i saw a sign of spotting and white discharge and then i saw some brownish pale blood the next day.If i am pregnant i will be only  2 weeks or so .Can that be implantation bleeding.  
I also did a pregnant test before that and it was negative but i think it was too early .Can all these be symptoms of pregnancy are the symptoms of period?       by aisha_27***@****
I did my first pregnancy test today and it was positive, this will be my third pregnancy, but i also realised that i had a beige discharge this evening, i never had this with previous pregnancies, but it is great to hear that it seems normal, as i was getting a lil worried.
If your pregnancy test says negative you are not pregnant I had the same problem 6 years ago I though I was pregnant I took like 10 pregnancy test all negative I didn't know what was wrong with me I didn't have a period for 2 months I finally went to my Dr. and nothing was wrong and I was not pregnant, he ask me if I change any habits I said to him I'm working out for 2 hours every day and I change my diet and he said the change was so drastic confused by body.  I hope this help.
Hi sha97
2 weeks is to early for a pregnancy test wait 2 more weeks but it sounds like you are.  but to be sure wait and test yourself again Good Luck keep us posted.
Hi tori2302
Congratulations!
It's normal but always let your OBGY know what's going on just to be in the safeside.  I'm also trying to get pregnant again with my 3rd after 8 month I finally got AF on march 17 hoping to get prenant this month wish me luck.
i did a pregnancy test and it come out positive. i missed my period but around the time i was suppose to get it ive had camps like i was going to start,but never did, and i have the same discharge, is this normal.
HI! I JUST WANTED TO SHARE MY SITUATON. TODAY  IS 4/4/08 M LAST PERIOD WAS 2/27/08. THE THING IS WHEN I GOT MY PERIOD IN FEB I WAS SPOTTING FOR T FIRST 3 DAYS THEN IT DECIDED TO COME DOWN. NOW I AM EXERIENCING DISCHARGE. IT DOESN'T HAVE A COLOR IT' CLEAR FROM WHAT I SEE. CAN OMEONE HELP ME OUT. BY THE WAY I HAVEN'T TAKEN A TEST YET. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME F I SHOULD TAKE ONE NOW OR WAIT A LIL LONGER
I am so glad i found this site. I had the beige or cream color discharge with my son and they said it was from the progesterone suppositories irritating my cervix. My dh and i got pregnant now on our own and i am not on progesterone and started with a little of this again when i wipe. Thank you so much for helping put my mind at ease.
Hi my name is kassie i'm 17 years old me and my boyfriend have been tryinh to have a baby. A couple weeks ago we had unprotected sex about three days later i started spotting i thought i was goin to start but it only lasted a day and a half, i thought it was normal cause usually after i have sex i usually spot, I knew i was supposed to start my period within the next week and by the time it came around i didnt start then i waited for about a week inbetween that time i have been feeling really sick when i smoke pluse i'm tired i have craps, i keep thinking im goin to start but i haven't a have also been haveing discharge thinkin that its my period but its not. I took a preg test it came up as false it was also from the dollar store and i took it a week and four days after i had sex was i supposed too? What do you think it is? please help me
OK im only 15 and i had unprotected sex a couple of times with my boyfreind.
and ever since then ive been havin alot of changes going on in my body here they are: heartburn, nausea, fatigue, bloating, cramping but no period,lower back aches,and that vaginal discharge you guyz were talking about. Could this be pregnacy. plz answer me and id be very appreciative. Thank You!!
Hey emogirl, a more accurate sign of pregnancy is a missed period and a positive pregnancy test.  If you have not had either, don't worry.  Those signs could be due to other changes in your life, and they could also be the fact that you are worried about it.  The mind is very powerful and, if you worry, you bring the right symptoms into your body, when they are not 'real'  symptoms.  Please keep me posted. Good luck which ever final result you are hoping for :)
Hi Kassie, please read what I wrote to emogirl above.  Stop worrying until it's time to worry, and stop hoping until you really know.  These factors can case you to have symptoms you didn't have before.  There is also something called "Pseudocyesis" or "Imaginary Pregnancy" and you do not want to be caught on that :)  Keep me posted!!
hi well i had sex on 5/2/08 and i usually get my period by the 19th but i have not gotten it yet its it to early to take the pg test?? i been very sleepy lately and i been having lower back aches and i been getting cramps but no sign of my period.  if someone could help that would be great thank you
I am 24 and trying to conceive my second child.  I had to get on a pill to try and regulate my period b/c It was only coming twice a year...  Now I have a period every month almost at the same time...  I have been experiencing clear discharge and usually only exp. that when I am ovulating, I ovulated like 2 wks ago, I have been extremely tired lately as I was with my first son almost six years ago also more heartburn then I usually have.  I hope that I am pregnant, I did take a pregnancy test 2 days ago and negative.  What does everyone think???
also the only time that i have been cramping is when I exercise...
It is now june 17th and my period is ten days late.  My cycle was 31 days last month and I am now at the 41 day mark.  I am not taking another pregnancy test until friday, then I will be two weeks late, and that will be easier to detect...
hi i am 6 weeks pregnant just over i also have been havin a white discharge this is my 4th child and you cant remeber any signs lol i have been really worried my self as i have lower back pains aswell and some period like pains by the looks of things this could be normal any1 else been havin these sort of pains and discharge in early pregnancie?
It is now July 10th and I was due for my period the 8th.  It has not came yet.  I am having mild cramping, if I was pregnant I think that I would be about 6 weeks along, I am also having some bloating and lower back pain and I still have the same discharge plus about one week ago I noticed that I have a yeast infection.  I had a yeast infection very early in my last pregnancy, so i am wondering if i should use all these signs as an answer.  I have taken taken about 8 pregnancy test, 2 light positives and 6 negative.  Could somebody give me some advice or maybe tell me what they think about my problem...  I am convinced that I am pregnant, but i try to stop thinking about it, but I can't its drivin me up the wall.....!!!!
ok well im a month and a half pregnant and im having like a tan discharge...i thought it was well think maybe is a yeast inffection because its itchy but it also has this odor to it? my std test came back positive about 3 weeks ago so what is it?
I don't normally have any sort of vaginal discharge.  I did with my first pregnancy but not with my second.  I'm not having any other pregnancy symptoms, but discharge.  It's white in color and doesn't smell.  I'm not due to start my period for another week, so I was wondering if this could be any early sign of pregnancy?  Please help....