Vicodin while pregnat?

My friend is 32 weeks pregnat and her dr has her taking vicodin for a pelvic pain she has been having.  She has already been taking them for atleast 2 weeks,  Is vicodin safe for the baby?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Again, this is a matter for her to discuss with her doctor.
Helpful - 0
Does anyone happen to kno about taking xanax and being pregnant. My wife is prescribed xanax and is 9 weeks along and I need to kno if she should stop taling them
Helpful - 0
None of us can really say whether or not it is okay for your friend to be taking vicodin during her pregnancy.  I will say that, as long as she is under the care of her doctor, and taking her medication as prescribed, she and the baby will most likely be fine.  None of us are doctors, so it would be impossible for anyone here to really know.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.