Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Weight gain

Ok, now that I have become preggers again I find myself worring about weight gain.  I am only 5w3d and seem to have went from 137 to 139.  In the morning I weight about 138, so lets say a pound or few so far - can you girls tell me what you gained early on so I know I'm not gaining to fast.  My doctor said I shouldn't gain any weight now because it is to early ???
I gained weight early on...my Dr never said anything about it.  I dont have GD either.  I have gained about 30lbs so far and Im 39 days and 5 days preggo.  Everyones different in their weight gain.  I know alot of mine is water weight because I have swelled alot...Ive been swollen since around 20 weeks.  A friend of mine who looks like a stick gained about 60 lbs with each of her boys...and me whose over weight anyways have only gained 30lbs.  My DH's cousin whose due in March had lost 16lbs in her first trimester but shes been sick all the time and had to go to the hospital because she was dehydrated.  
Heres a website:
http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/PR/00111.html
I think you're worrying too much.  For all you know, those two pounds could have been from eating too much the night before or maybe because you had to go to the bathroom.  Or it could be from water weight since you're probably drinking more water now.
Your right.  I think I have eaten a lot lately.  I should enjoy being preggers and stop the fuss.  I don't drink as much as I should.  I jog about 30min day, so I think it may be water weight.  My doctor said to keep jogging as long as it didn't hurt.  Funny he said I could do it till birth, but that it would hurt as I get futher along.
Are you concerned about getting fat, or is it that you think this one pound will somehow adversely affect the pregnancy?
I guess that is what I am concerned about is gaining weight that I shouldn't.  I only want to gain the weight that I should.  I guess my question is what does the average woman gain in the beginning.  It has been so long since I have had a child - 11years as of yesterday.
I also wanted to know when are you "supposed" to start gaining weight and how much
Unless your doctor tells you to put down the krispy kremes, then I wouldn't worry about it.
I agree with mslkpage.  You're not a big girl at 138 pounds.  I'd worry more about whether you're eating enough vegetables and fruit right now and whether you're taking your vitamins.  
I'm currently 8 weeks along.

I'm 5'7" and weigh normally around 128-129.  Today at my apt, at 8 weeks, I weigh 133.  So, some weight gain this early is normal.  This is my 4th pregnancy though.  :D

I will be 13 weeks along tomorrow, and have only gained 3 pounds.  I have heard and read that 2-5 is normal during your first trimester, and some women even lose a few pounds due to morning sickness.  Try not to weigh yourself every day, as weight can fluctuate due to factors such as how much you ate, and whether you have used the bathroom or not.  A more accurate way of tracking weight gain can be using your weight from your doc appt's or maybe weighing yourself weekly.
At this there is no reason to gain weight, but a pound here and there is nothing to worry about.  

I gained two pounds at between my first and second prenatal appointments.  I also went on vacation during that time, and was relieved that I only gained two pounds!  I tried to make healthy choices, but I wasn't going to deprive myself when we can only afford to "go away" once a year (and our vacation destination is VERY cheap).  

Just make healthy choices and you'll be fine. Your body is going to gain or lose what it wants to.  Unless you are eating junk it shouldn't be an issue.  Though, if morning sickness becomes an issue you should just eat what you can keep down.  Eat lots of veggies and fresh food during this pregnancy and not worry about the weight.  You may also want to tell your doctor you don't want to know what your weight is or what you've gained or lost. Many women do this and I think it can be very helpful.