Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Worried About Menstrual Cycle After D & C

I had a missed miscarriage on Feb 14 2007 and had to go in for a d & c operation two days later. I just got my period this past sunday (May 25) and instead of lasting a full cycle... it has lasted three days. Is that normal?
I can only offer my personal experience, but my first cycle after my m/c was pretty short, about 4 days. I don't think it's unusal.
Good because all I have been able to think about since the operation was that something might have gone wrong and that I won't be able to have children in the future. So you can imagine what a relief it was to me when I ended up getting my period and then the worry when it seemed to have just stopped.
I think that is perfectly normal. Sometimes it takes awhile to get your cycle back to normal. I have had 3 D&C's and it was always different when I got my period back and how long they were.
Your situation sounds normal to me.
I'm sorry for your loss!!!!
My first af after my d/c was shorter than usual and also heavier.  The second af was much more normal for me.  It sounds like what you have experienced is normal.  The first af following a d/c is usually weird.  You never know what to expect.  I'm sorry to hear about your loss.  I was worried too, after my d/c.  I was afraid of infection, problems, you name it, but everything turned out fine.  
Yep, i asked this question just a few days ago didnt i? :-) I had a D & C on the 18th of Feb. I got my first period on March 20. It only lasted 2 days but it was still heavy. Do I would say its quite normal to have an altered period (some longer, some shorter) after a D & C.
I had a weird af after my 1st m/c.  I didn't get af for about 7 weeks and then when I did it was VERY light and only lasted about 4 days.  The next cycle was more normal.  I think that's very common.  I'm waiting for af to arrive again (had m/c March 1st).  I'm hoping it's not 7 weeks again, guess only time will tell. :)