allergies? Reactions...

CYW
okay so i gave DS some scrambled eggs yesterday morning.. i was told to only give him the yolk so i did and he LOVED it... so today i picked him up from daycare and his provider tells me he slept really good.. however when he woke up his whole forehead and cheeks were red... (it is hot in there.. as bad as a sauna) so i said maybe it was the heat(by 520 when i picked him up) he no longer had the rash looking red blotches on his face. So we get home..(i have no heat on currently and the temp has been quite nice lately.. so only sometimes i have to put my little electical heater on..it just puts a little bit of heat(i am waiting for the furnace company to call back they are going to change a part...which is most likely discontinued so they will have to change the whole furnace) ANYWAYS we're home doing the usual routine etc and then i noticed BAM he was ALL red again in those areas so i figured hives of somekind.. he only has them in his face..so why get hives right? well i know he ate eggs here so i called his provider to make sure he didnt eat anything new...so we came to the conclusion he had a reaction to the eggs.. is this possible? and why is it only located on his face. His vitals are good, he has a good pulse, no fever, good skin colour, drinking and eating good.. still active etc..
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Could be the eggs but could also be a virus of some kind as well as it seems like there is TONS of stuff going around. Everyone I know has sick kids. UGH...  Maybe you should take him in so they can see if is having an allergic reaction or if it's something else. I know with rashes they have a hard time diagnosing but they should be able to rule out allergic reaction.  Just an idea.  Plus it is weird that it's only on his face and it's usually the egg whites that cause a problem, not the yolk.  Good luck!
Helpful - 0
CYW
thats wat i read online...the white would cause the reaction but in some cases its the yellow..hes had macaroni salad before and mayo has eggs in there.. i figured id keep an eye on him..see how he is..wait a few weeks and try and introduce it again..if it does the same thing then i will know...
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.