caroline and kids

Hello i'm caroline and i'm a working mum i'm 39 years old and have 3 kids. Toby my oldest child is 10. non of my children have ever had a day off school and i was wondering what the big red rashes all over his body is. I am eight months pregnant will it effect my baby and my other 2 children
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
There are a lot of things that can cause a rash.  You might google "rash on child" and look at some of the pictures, but you are probably better off taking the child to the doctor and finding out what it is.  
Helpful - 0
could be an allergic reaction too. i agree, look at pictures online and seek medical attention. is he itching? a good idea is to outline the rash with a marker and see if it is growing or shrinking. hope your little one is better soon. i wouldn't worry about baby yet.

personal experience with searching online: turned out my mom had shingles and she had one day left to get to the doctor for medicine. hurray for the internet!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.