Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

depo-provera

I heard that depo provera makes all pregnancy tests posative, is that true? I don't want to purchase one until i kno if I will be wasteing my money or not. Please help.
4 Responses
No, that is not true.  Pregnancy tests detect the presence of HCG, a hormone only produced in pregnancy.
can depo-provera be given before three months after the first injection
505995 tn?1211554807
You get an injection every 11 weeks to 14 weeks
498869 tn?1209936126
I was on depo provera for 11 years.  I recently got off of it but during that 11 years I was irresponsible with taking my shots on time and I would take a pregancy test in between shots if i thought maybe i might be pregnant and it was ALWAYS negative.  I never got pregnant so using a pregancy test during depo usage is not a waste.  My sister in law got pregnant in between taking shots (the result of my adorable nephew) so its definitely possible to get preggers and i think its a good idea to take one if you are feeling uncertain!!
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.