Women's Health: Postpartum Community

depo-provera

I heard that depo provera makes all pregnancy tests posative, is that true? I don't want to purchase one until i kno if I will be wasteing my money or not. Please help.
No, that is not true.  Pregnancy tests detect the presence of HCG, a hormone only produced in pregnancy.
can depo-provera be given before three months after the first injection
You get an injection every 11 weeks to 14 weeks
I was on depo provera for 11 years.  I recently got off of it but during that 11 years I was irresponsible with taking my shots on time and I would take a pregancy test in between shots if i thought maybe i might be pregnant and it was ALWAYS negative.  I never got pregnant so using a pregancy test during depo usage is not a waste.  My sister in law got pregnant in between taking shots (the result of my adorable nephew) so its definitely possible to get preggers and i think its a good idea to take one if you are feeling uncertain!!