Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

development

i have an 8 months old baby whom until now can't sit even w/ support.  when we put her in a sitting position she tends to bow down.  her fists is always clenched but she can grasps objects & lately can even transfer toys from 1 hand to the other.  she can pull herself to stand too but when we let her stand after a while she will bend her upper body.  ssould i be alarm now?
2 Responses
136689 tn?1419580447
I think you should be alarmed by now, she should have been sitting up alone around 6 months, maybe go see your doctor to make sure she had no developmental delays. good luck keep us posted.
213739 tn?1215486009
I would definately go see your doctor.  Our little guy does have developmental delays and he's making great gains but is 3 1/2 and we have him in therapy since he was 4 months old.  He didn't sit alone until about 14 months.  Is she making eye contact?  You say she is grasping objects. and pulling up.  How does she pull up to a stand without sitting?  I'd definately get a dr. opinion and it may just take some physical therapy.  I'd make sure she's hitting the other 8 month milestones as well and if not, push for therapy. The earlier the intervention, the better.  I pushed when our little guy wasn't smiling at 2 months.  I pushed and pushed and they finally believed me and by 4 months we had First Steps in doing Occupational Therapy, Speech/Feeding therapy (mainily feeding at 2 months), Physical therapy, vision therapy, and water therapy.  It's amazing how far he's come!  Good luck to you!
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.