Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

lower back pain in early pregnancy

Anyone ever have ower back pain in early pregnancy? I had back contractions with my last two miscarriages so I get paranoid. I have back pain with this one, too, but it feels a little different.
23 Responses
i've had backpains with this one since a week before my period was due. I'm now 17 weeks and everything is fine. I know what you mean by different though. I had a miscarriage that started that way too and although the pain was in the same spot it was a little different than what I've had with this one. This one has more of a "hot" feeling to it, yah know?

Try not to worry. You're going to be fine. :o)
i had what felt like menstral cramps in my lower back really early.  Then I had pain almost to my tail bone a little later.  Both are completely normal or so I was told.
I am five weeks and having mestral cramps and I just found out two days ago that I am pregnant.  I have had 2 miscarriages, but both were different.  I don't have severe nausea, but my stomach gets a little queesy from time to time.  I am very paranoid because I so want this baby and have not been pregnant in almost 4 years.
how exactly does your back pain feel! ive just recently noticed it and it feels like ive been doing a bunch of back exercises, but i havent idk! has anybody else felt like this???
I had major back pain early in my pregnancy too...from lower back to my tail bone.
And yes, to me also it felt like I was doing major back exercises. Sleeping was the worst cause I just couldn't get comfortable. But it did eventually stop, kind of suddenly which was a great! (I don't remember when though...)
I got pregnant with my 1st child on Dec. 14th 1999 but I did not find out until Jan. 24th 2000 because I did not have any ideaI was. Well, he is 7 now and I think I am about 4 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child but I not took a test yet but I get these really bad lower back pain mainly at night. Is that normal in that early of a pregancey? I also had my period this time but I have all the the other feelings like I am. I took alot of home tests and they all came out (-) so I went to the doc and they did one and it came out (+) so I even went home and took another one and guess what it was (-) again. Please someone let me know if you can have lower back pain in early pregnancy.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.