Women's Health: Postpartum Community

lower back pain

Has anyone else had lower back pain during very early pregnancy? Almost like PMS back pain, but sharper and lasts longer?
yes i had very severe lower back pain around 5 weeks that lasted a couple weeks.  i went to see my ob because i thought i might be miscarrying.  he said it was normal and a very common symptom for many women.  for some women it was the first pregnancy symptom.  it got better around 7 or 8 weeks.

tell me about it, i am only 7weeks and for the last three weeks i have had really bad back pain, the doctor says this is normal so try not to worry its just a pain!!
Thanks for some understanding.  Now I am having nausea in the middle of the night and morning...not great for me.  I hope it doesn't last long!
Yes I had back pain at 6 weeks with my daughter...morning sickness is always a good sign!!!!!
At 13 weeks I have lower back pain, just at the bottom of my spine, in the middle of my lower back.... Its very sore and stiff when I am still and then when I bend is pulls and is very sharp and tight and sore. Can anyone say that they experienced the same lower back pain at this stage of pregnancy? I've seen my OB just in the last few days - the scan was OK - but the pain in my lower back seems worse since and I didnt meantion anything to him on the day. Thanks - first time Mum - nervous
yes i had very very sharp and intense back pains at 13 1/2 weeks along with horrible stomache cramps that wouldnt go away. i was pregnant with twins and i had went in to see the dr after calling and telling her about the pains she had me come in for an ultrasound and when i went in one of my babies had already passed away. she told me that it didnt look like i was going to miscarry cause my cervix was still closed but needless to say about 4 hrs later i was taken by ambulance back to the hospital because i had had both of my babies at home. but if you start running a fever with the back pains i would go straight to the hospital. cause i was running a fever before i had miscarried when i went in for ultrasound and wheni had aked my dr about it she said it was nothing to worry about (she didnt check my temp) she told me too when i got home and so i did it was 102.8 so i called her back and she just told me to take a tylenol and it would break the fever. but after i had miscarried i read alot of stuff on the internet and in books and lower back pains, stomache cramps, chills, fever, bleeding were all signs of me about to miscarry. but i hope that it doesnt happen to u cause it is one of the worst things ever togo through!! Good Luck!!