menstrual cycle after c section

I had my son by c section on March 15, 2008 and I still have not gotten my menstrual cycle.  My huband and I had not had sex since I was pregnant, but we started to, two weeks ago.  We did not use protection, but he did pull out.  Should I be worried that I might be pregnant?  How long does it normally take for someone to get their menstrual cycle after giving birth.  I thought it was only about 6 weeks.  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
im in the same boat. i had my son march 24th 2008 by c-section, bled for three weeks, then stopped and got a very heavy period two weeks after that.. however, im overdue for another one and still have not got it. i dont think im pregnant again because we have been using condoms or withdrawl. has anyone answered on how long it takes for it to get normal?
Helpful - 0
hi, i think it's normal having menstrual cycle changes first 6 month, even sometimes it needs a year to get back to your normal cycle. as i know first 3-4 month you have periods every 2-3 weeks.
doctors says, to avoid of getting pregnant first 6 weeks after c-section.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.