my 3 month old son doesnt stop crying or moaning

my son doesnt stop crying or moaning he wont even watch t.v anymore and he loves it he will moan and kick his feet until i come and play with him he wants attention 247 i need help also he keeps spitting up his milk after he burps some will come out and through out the day he will spit up a lot
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
these day there so much u shouldnt do dont do this dont do that it stupid i know loads of parents who let babys watch tele and they want on to uni and our fine  if we followed all these studies we mite aswell rap them up in bubble rap i let my 3 month watch and she fine but studies change 1 min it an hour a day they can watch next it 2 and now it none  parent should ake there own mind up about what they do with there kids these studies make it harder to b a parent and scary if we went by these studies r kids wouldnt have a life it would be boring
Helpful - 0
ziza's comment was great too. i also did my housework with her in the carrier. the chores literally took 5 times longer, but it kept both of us busy!!! great exercise too- going up and down the stairs a hundred times since you can only carry half the stuff.
Helpful - 0
Awwww... he just wants Mommy Time! He's getting to that age where he wants to play, interact, be entertained and entertain. As for spitting up, spit up is normal but if it is causing him pain, you need a doc's attention.

My first daughter had to be held constantly and she's pretty good at self-entertaining now (at 2.5 yrs). My youngest (10 months) entertains herself a lot, too, but also loves getting attention!!! She loves to have us clap for her, give her affirmation, etc.

Baby Week-by-Week is a great book! It gives you ideas for games, finger plays (songs that use your fingers like Five Little Monkeys or Where is Thumbkin or Itsy Bitsy Spider), etc.
Helpful - 0
I carried my son around in a sling for the first 3 months of his life, he just wanted to be held.  It's totally normal and the best thing to do is hold him as much as possible.  You are that little baby's world.  All he knows is you.
Helpful - 0
The spit up does sound like reflux. I would bring him in to the dr.
Helpful - 0
I have to agree with the other ladies. It sounds like he is bored. Do some tummy time, or put him in a swing. My 5 month old only watches TV in the morning at 6AM for about 20mins. when he gets up. We usually watch Baby Einstein. Other then that its mommy, daddy, and Evan all day. He never lets me put him down but thats ok with me. I dont think you can spoil a baby b.c they need and depend on you for everything.
Helpful - 0
no
Helpful - 0
I might be confusing you with someone else but does your son have reflux and is on meds for it?
Helpful - 0
oh yea- bubbles are a great idea! dd loves them! people never think to use them inside (we did all the time at the daycare i worked at, and dd's daycare does too. it's just soap!)
Helpful - 0
:o)  You and I are obvoiusly on the same page of parenting!!  We were writing the same things at the same time!
Helpful - 0
To be honest, your son sounds perfectly NORMAL-- at this age he NEEDS his mommy, not the tv.  I know there was a whole debate on here a few months ago about moms that let their tots watch tv, but even The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that children under age 2 should not watch ANY tv and older children should watch no more than 2 hours a day of quality programming.  There have been several studies which show that tv viewing in babies can lead to attention and learning problems down the road.
I know it's tempting to just put in a so-called baby learning video and allow the tv to babysit your son, but if you search through the latest studies, you will find that NONE of these videos has ever been proven to help with baby's learning or development-- and often has the opposite effect.  Chances are your son is bored with tv anymore... at first he probably was mesmerized by the flashing lights/changing colors of a tv screen, but as his brain and eyesight develop, this is not stimulating to him any more... he wants to interact with YOU now, not the tv.
My son (now 14mo. old) has never been allowed to watch tv, other than as a special occassion (like when the babysitter comes over or at Christmas we put "Rudolph" on).  At first he is like a zombie and stares at the screen, but after less than 10 minutes he's had enough and would rather play with his toys or have a story read to him.  Instead of tv, we've spent our time reading to him... he now LOVES books.  As an alternative at your son's age, try putting him in a swing and positioning the swing by a window so he can see outside-- watch the trees blow, the birds, people, etc. or else move the swing around the house with you as you do your housework and chores.  Talk and sing to him.  Put on some music.  Place him in front of a fish tank if you have one.  Etc.  Trust me, at this age babies really need you and your interaction as much as possible... you can't "spoil" your son by giving him too much attention.
As for the spitting up, that too is normal.  My son would go through fazes where he'd do really well, then be back to spitting up the next week.  Are you breast feeding or formula?  Try to keep him calm after feeding, and make sure you burp and burp and burp him.  They also make natural fomulas like "Gripe Water" and colic tablets or gas relief drops which help dissolve the gas which causes the spit up.  Once their sphyincter muscle fully develops (and can keep the liquid from coming back up), the spitting up will be a thing of the past.
Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Thank you so much! Never thought about the tv situation and everything you said , if you are a mother or father, you are an amazing parent ! Thank u so much , my pediatrician did t never ever mention anything like this that you said , I am well appreciated! My little girl is only 3 months old and are having simular promblems from the question you answered! Thanks again !!!
sounds like a 3 month old. although i have to say your baby should not be watching TV that young, and it's good he's not willing to anymore.
you answered your own question... he won't stop moaning or crying until you come and play with him. he's bored! he's immobile and doesn't have control of his hands yet. imagine how bored you'd be! i know it's tiring and frustrating, but you're his mommy. i learned a few tricks along the way. if you're reading a magazine, read out loud to him. if you're trying to wash dishes, seat him in the high chair near you and sing songs. i used to have to sing through all of my chores. going for walks saved my sanity, so if it happens to be a warmer day, try to get out. or go walk around the mall, go grocery shopping, etc...
what kind of toys does he have? pretty soon he'll be big enough for the exersaucer. dd loved it! do you have a mirror for him? babies love looking at their reflections.

it does get easier. at 5 months when dd learned to sit, she also learned how to entertain herself a bit more.

i can't help you with the spitting up thing. sorry.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.