A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members
499554 tn?1257091876

white discharge?

do you get white discharge when you are having a miscarriage? i know you get it in early pregnancy. which i am pregnant, about 9 weeks and 2 days but i already had a miscarriage in january but i had cramps and i cant remember if i had the discharge but im not having any cramps just feeling sick and dizzy, the usual. so im just wondering if it could be a sign of miscarriage also.
2 Responses
187316 tn?1386360282
clearish white discharge is normal during pregnancy and should last the whole time.
888792 tn?1241279796
I agree with Alaysha.  At this time you should be having an increase of discharge that you will most likely last the rest of your pregnancy.  This is due to the surge of hormones.  If it is heavy white discharge, AND you develop itching, burning, or an increase in odor you could be getting a yeast infection or bacterial vaginitis.  Both are easily treated with medication.  If you have any additional symptoms that I mentioned let your OBGYN office know.  They may want to check you sooner then your next appointment.  Otherwise, sounds like normal hormone pregnancy discharge. : )

Best wishes!
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.